Error: Camera X No Data for over XX seconds

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Chookie
First post

Error: Camera X No Data for over XX seconds

Post by Chookie »

Hi,

I've visited many threads with this topic and haven't found a solution nor a situation just like mine.

What makes mine unique to what I've read is that my newly setup system gets these errors (and sends emails) randomly but always at 42 minutes past the hour. For example 3 times last night and once this morning. 3:42am, 4:42am, 5:42am, 9:42am. I'll get a 3 second one then a 10 second one.

This last time I had this system running is gave me an error every day at precisely 4am. Not the case now.

I'm using a Zavio B6210 camera wired poe through a Netgear GS108PE Plus switch.

Does the timing indicate anything to anyone that I can look into? I'm new to qnap and NAS altogether so any info is much appreciated.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Error: Camera X No Data for over XX seconds

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Does the timing indicate anything to anyone that I can look into? I'm new to qnap and NAS altogether so any info is much appreciated.
The regular nature of the breaks (and the fact that it's not the random breaks that can occur on a WiFi connection) could possibly be a problem with the RTSP 'keep-alive' dialogue.
When RTSP starts, it uses an initial default timeout value, and the client (in this case the NAS) has to periodically send a keep-alive instruction.
But one hour does seem a long time for the initial timeout - usually it's just a few minutes.
If so - what could be a fix, as it could be either side causing an incompatibily - maybe check the camera firmware to see if any updates.
And maybe raise a QNAP HelpDesk ticket to see if they are aware of this issue on that camera model.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”