SS Monitor and Playback flashes/blinks

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
phred2
New here

SS Monitor and Playback flashes/blinks

Post by phred2 »

New to QNAP and Surveillance Station and having monitor and playback problems.

The camera connects and records ok. I can access the individual recorded .avi files and play them back just fine using Windows Media Player.

Surveillance Station, using either Monitor or Playback, is not smooth/continuous - the display blinks/flashes. Windows 7, tried IE11, Chrome and Firefox.

Any suggestions?

TS-453B
Hikvision 2CD2542FWD
Windows 7

I also have tried the QVR Pro beta and the QVR Pro Client display/playback is fine (when it doesn't crash..).

Thanks
phred2
New here

Re: SS Monitor and Playback flashes/blinks

Post by phred2 »

Additional information.

If I select the ROI option (say the 5 option) the main window displays the camera correctly - no flashing or blinking.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Do you have another PC you could test it on?
I'm wondering if the PC hardware isn't fast enough for the video stream.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
phred2
New here

Post by phred2 »

AlastairStevenson wrote:Do you have another PC you could test it on?
I'm wondering if the PC hardware isn't fast enough for the video stream.
Excellent suggestion - put me on the right track. At your suggestion tried an I7 6700 and QVR Client worked - no flicker/flashing. Humm..

So, the problem system processor is an older I5 (650) at 3.2Ghz but running using the chipset Intel 4000 HD Graphics. Seemed to me like that should render one stream 2688x1520 at 6144Kbps CBR and 10fps but maybe not. Decided I would buy a cheap Radeon/Nvidia card on Monday and try that but in the meantime thought I would check/update codecs and the Intel HD Graphics driver. Updated the Intel Driver from 8.15.10.2104 to 8.15.10.2993 - bingo problem solved!

Thanks Alastair!

Cheers,
Fred
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Updated the Intel Driver from 8.15.10.2104 to 8.15.10.2993 - bingo problem solved!
Well done! A good result.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”