The best camera

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
tropic
New here

The best camera

Post by tropic »

I have been using Surveillance Station for a little while now on my TS-253A and so far with some different camera brands, primarily low-end cameras such as SRICAM and FOSCAM.

I am now looking to upgrade with some new cameras, both indoor and outdoor, especially upgrading to higher resolutions.

I have used these models myself:
  • FOSCAM FI8908W: indoor, PT, 640x480
  • SRICAM SP007: outdoor, 720p, ONVIF
  • SRICAM SP012 indoor, PT, 720p, ONVIF
Needless to say, they are fairly poor quality, but also cheap. Of course, as many people know, they can be a pain to set up, especially with Surveillance Station.

Right now I am looking at cameras from Hikvision, e.g. these models
Hikvision DS-2CD2E20F (link)
Hikvision DS-2CD2352-I (link)

What is the best camera you have ever used with Surveillance Station and why, e.g.: quality, ease of setup, features/functionality, resolution, price?
QNAP TS-253A
philmee95
Starting out

Re: The best camera

Post by philmee95 »

Just make sure they support everything on the QNAP page so they can help you configure things if you can't figure it out. My installer liked Sony and said they were decent middle of the road. I have not been able to get alerts working on my own as of yet though.

QNAP won't recommend a specific brand, ever (I tried 4 times). I forget what cameras they had at their Pomona office when I went there but it may have been Axis as those are the most expensive right?. Those Hikvisions are supposed to be good and I was going to try one for home. Guess it is very important to buy a US market one or support will be a pain.
Ts-269 is now a home unit running plex.
ts-469L - remote snapshot replication target for veeam.
vs-8140Pro+ - 8 x 2 tb SATA, 35 sony ip cameras (android qviewer working, NVR is hanging and not recording randomly)
ESS1640dc - VMware iscsi data store. 4 x 1tb flash, 8 x 3 tb SATA. Running fine for over a year :)

Return to “Surveillance Solution”