Streams of several CAMs via RTSP and VLC capture directly from the QNAP

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
emallie
New here

Streams of several CAMs via RTSP and VLC capture directly from the QNAP

Post by emallie »

Hi Guys!

I have 4 cams, all of which are recorded with the "Surveillance Station". Works everything best, also via Handyapp.
Could be synonymous times more.

I need to be able to view the live images from several computers in the local network.
Since I want the network traffic or the cameras do not overload, I want to take the QNAP, since the otherwise nothing has to do.

For this I have VLC so scripted that the live images via RTSP directly from the QNAP are displayed:

For example, start / D "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ VideoLAN \ VLC" vlc.exe --qt-start-minimized rtsp: // admin: PASSWORD @ IPderQNAP: PORT / videoMain --zoom = 0.75 --video -x = 1920 --video-y = 1 --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --noaudio

That also works a bit. ;)

But unfortunately not permanently, respectively with dropouts, lags or demolitions.

So I do not like it!

Does anyone have an idea how to reliably capture all cams directly from Qnap?!? Maybe I picked up the wrong streams?!?

THANK YOU !!!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Streams of several CAMs via RTSP and VLC capture directly from the QNAP

Post by dolbyman »

emallie wrote:also via Handyapp.
German ? :mrgreen:

Mobile APP you mean :lol:

Surprised you can pull a stream from the NAS, I thought you could maybe pull a secondary stream from the CAM but as you can tell I am not an expert.

So any spikes in CPU usage on your NAS while doing it ? (NAS model, firmware not supplied by you)
kendurham
Starting out

Post by kendurham »

I've recently been using Xeoma (Xeoma.com) to view live footage from my camera simultaneously with SS doing the archiving and (sometimes) motion detecting work. Whilst I have been connecting directly to the camera, I see no reason why you couldn't apply your excellent direct connection to the QNAP technique with it (I'm going to try it myself when I get home!). Ultimately, though, I don't know that you will signifcantly reduce network traffic by having multiple clients pull from the QNAP as opposed to the cameras.

I want to have a web based live view of my camera so that anyone at home can see it on their various devices. Xeoma has a web server built in which works very well for my single camera. Of course you need to have a server to host xeoma if using the web server, or you could install the Xeoma client on multiple PCs. Xeoma also has an app for mobile.

Xeoma has a free version which I don't think supports the web server, however the cost of the lite version which does is not unreasonable. I'm not intending to replace SS with Xeoma for 24/7 surveillance, but it seems like an easy way to get around the limitations of the qnap livestream offerings.

Cheers
emallie
New here

Post by emallie »

@dolbyman: :mrgreen: Yes, german. Very funny! Really. Very bad East-School-English. Weeste wie? Oooohichwärbläde!

Yes, i get the Streams from the NAS, but mosly with lags, not realtime.
Funny thing: Just wanted to import the latest firmware. When I started the reboot of the NAS, the tapped streams were suddenly almost realtime. Without lags! Perhaps is there any task active, which breaks the stream?

If there is no active backgroundtask, the CPU takes about 5% and the ram takes 27%.
With the streams not much more.

Perhaps because the SS has already processed the streams?

Nas Model = TS-569 Pro, actual Firmware = 4.3.3.0238 Build 20170703. In a few minutes the current one.

@kendurham: Hardware is not the Problem. I have 3 Servers, 3 NAS and so on. But i dont want use additional software on each machine (PC) and Server, because i have one Server and Software that can do the work (QNAP with SS). The Qnap has no more Tasks to do, only do backup to USB Disk at night.

Thanx a lot!
kendurham
Starting out

Post by kendurham »

Hello emallie, can you confirm what port number you use to pull the RTSP feed from the QNAP in your VLC command? I can't seem to find any RSTP streams available at my QNAPs' IP address.

Cheers,

Ken

Return to “Surveillance Solution”