Support for H.264(+) and H.265(+)

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
djkprojects
Starting out

Support for H.264(+) and H.265(+)

Post by djkprojects »

Hello,

I'm looking to get Hikvision outdoor cameras and debating between 4MP and 5MP dome and turret versions. The 5MP support H.265(+) and since I want to use my QNAP with SS as NVR, I'm wondering if there are any plans to support this format in the near future?

Thanks
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Support for H.264(+) and H.265(+)

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I'm wondering if there are any plans to support this format in the near future?
To get a definitive answer it may be best to ask QNAP directly, as opposed to the Community Forum : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Presumably at some point QVR Pro will burst out of its lengthy beta - but last time I looked I don't recall seeing h.265 support.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
djkprojects
Starting out

Post by djkprojects »

Thanks Alastair,

I've seen this: https://www.qnap.com/en-us/news/2017/qn ... easibility which mentions h.265 but that's about it.

P.S. I chose funny time for choosing right camera especially now when Hikvision have decided to stop selling directly to end-users and supply trade only in the UK:(
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

how many streams do the igp solutions support ?

also I doubt that many cams would use a hevc main 10 coding
djkprojects
Starting out

Post by djkprojects »

Hello,

Just to let you know that I've contacted The Support and was advised that h265 will be supported in Qvr Pro on some cameras such as Hikvision and Dahua. I wasnt given a dat but sounds to be happening soon, probably when it officially goes live so fingers crossed :)

Return to “Surveillance Solution”