SOLVED - Dahua SD29204T-GN model missing from list

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Tamlin
New here

SOLVED - Dahua SD29204T-GN model missing from list

Post by Tamlin »

Hi,

I've just got myself a set of compatible IP cameras for home - Dahua SD29204T-GN.

When trying to add a camera (that is on the Surveillance Station IP Camera Compatibility List) there is no option for Dahua SD29204T-GN. There is an old model SD29204S-GN, however I have the "T" version, and I'm particularly after full PTZ functionality (the S functions without the PTZ).

After looking at the list again closely the Surveillance Station Version may be the issue. I have what I believe the latest version of Surveillance Station, however the version mentioned on the list is newer that the current version? Is there a way to get the latest version? AppCenter shows that the current version (that I have) is older than the compatible version? Is there another place I need to go to update?

Compatibility list - 5.1.1.3(4).4.20170703
Current (latest) version in AppCenter - 5.1.1.3(4).3

I've raised a helpdesk ticket, but perhaps there is a fix others have done? Is there a way to load a config file in?

As a bit of a fault finding and curiosity exercise I loaded up "QVR Pro Beta", and this camera is available in the list and PTZ functions correctly. This would be fine but I want to be able to access my cameras from my mobile devices remotely, and it seems that QVR doesn't support mobile devices, and I would prefer to use the non Beta Surveillance Station if I can.

Thanks,
Tam
Last edited by Tamlin on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamlin
New here

Re: Dahua SD29204T-GN model missing from list

Post by Tamlin »

Ok, I'm still clearly a novices at this... I've just learnt that you can select ONVIF for this camers, and it allows for the camera to PTZ. The PTZ speed is very slow but I'm thinking that a simple change in the camera Dahua interface will sort this out.

No doubt the interface will most likely get sorted with the next release 5.1.1.4.4, but for now the ONVIF will be just fine.

I clearly have a lot to learn about IP camera setup.

Thanks,
Tam
Tamlin
New here

Re: SOLVED - Dahua SD29204T-GN model missing from list

Post by Tamlin »

Thank You QNAP support!

Very quick reply, and problem sorted. As anticipated it was a simple revision issue. New revision 5.1.1.4.4 loaded and all is working correctly.

For someone raising a ticket for the first time ticket, it was pain free and quickly resolved! Good work.

Thanks again,
Tam

Return to “Surveillance Solution”