QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
craig20102010
Starting out

QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

Post by craig20102010 »

Hi, im new to Qnap and it was recommended to me by a friend due to the versatility of the little NAS. I currently own a TS-453a with 4GB of ram and two WD Red 4TB hard drives running in a Raid 3 configuration.

I bought two Reolink 422 cameras and one 420. I didnt need an as expensive camera in a certain area on my drive.

Currently im having all sorts troubles with them

The main one being playback using the new QVR-Pro client. It seems to make the videos all blotchy as if the graphics cant handle the resolution. Iv tried changing the resolution to 1080p and its still the same only on playback. Im also most sure this wasnt the case when i was using surveillance station though.

the problem i had with Surveillance station was it was constantly recording events even when it was just something stupid like a bush moving and it didnt seem to make a difference what the sensitivity was set to or the mapped area. At least with QVR-Pro i feel it does seem to listen to what sensitivity i set although im not sure if it understands what areas i have mapped out yet. Im yet to still run more tests with that.

Any ideas why my play back may be so blotchy? this blotchy playback is the same on all devices. The TV (connected via HDMI) PC, tablet, phone.

When i say blotchy i mean it flashes green and back to normal and then also it seems to pixellate larger moving items e.g. someone walking around on the camera. What i dont understand is im sure it never used to do this so why now? Is ram an issue? do i need more then 4GB?

Thanks Craig
poway_j
Starting out

Re: QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

Post by poway_j »

I get the same issue with qvrpro and with surveillance station with rlc-411. But i also get long records from one event on qvrpro. Like 1.5 hours.
darthlemsip
New here

Post by darthlemsip »

Same issue with my RLC-410's - have gone back to Surveillance Station and no issues
neofaction
New here

Post by neofaction »

Same issue. Makes qvr Pro pretty much worthless as it renders events useless. Is there a fix coming?
securesocket
First post

Post by securesocket »

I have the same ghosting problem - RLC-422.

Also, I only see one of the two stream offered by the RLC-422. If I configure as an ONVIF camera, I can see both.
derekthomson
First post

Post by derekthomson »

Same issue for me with 3 rlc-423 cameras. Old ss worked fine but new ss pro is practically useless
craig20102010
Starting out

Post by craig20102010 »

Im having all sorts of problems with these cameras. I cant even get them to record sometimes on SS. At the moment they havnt recorded anything for 4 days. Its setup to overwrite once it reaches 250GB but it doesnt seem to be continuing to record anything at the moment.
Kurisutian
Starting out

Post by Kurisutian »

securesocket wrote:I have the same ghosting problem - RLC-422.

Also, I only see one of the two stream offered by the RLC-422. If I configure as an ONVIF camera, I can see both.

I also have the ghosting problem with RLC-422 and RLC-423

Did you have that with the "old" Surveillance Station as well or just with the QVR Pro? I'd use the SS if the ghosting does not happen there… :?
---
QNAP TVS-873-8G
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Make sure and read the QVR Pro compatibility list located here: https://www.qnap.com/en-us/compatibilit ... nd=Reolink

I was having issues with my Reolink C2 when running via onvif default.

When I manually configured it as a Reolink C2, and headed the limitations in the compatibility list (1st stream only, etc.) that took care of my issues with QVR Pro (well other than wi-fi issues but that is house/neighborhood issue not QVR Pro I think). Also make sure and check your firmware versions.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Kurisutian
Starting out

Post by Kurisutian »

Thanks for the website I did not know of it yet. :wink:
However I checked and everything seems to be compatible. I also added the camera manually and with brand and model chosen and do not use the onvif setting. As for the firmware, it is the one which the devices were shipped with and the reolink homepage do not offer any other firmware versions whatsoever for these two models.

Is this maybe QVR Pro related? Does anyone have yet compared it with the "old" surveillance station if this happens there, too? Perhaps it is something to be fixed within QVR Pro and nothing from Reolink at all?
---
QNAP TVS-873-8G
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Kurisutian wrote:Thanks for the website I did not know of it yet. :wink:
However I checked and everything seems to be compatible. I also added the camera manually and with brand and model chosen and do not use the onvif setting. As for the firmware, it is the one which the devices were shipped with and the reolink homepage do not offer any other firmware versions whatsoever for these two models.

Is this maybe QVR Pro related? Does anyone have yet compared it with the "old" surveillance station if this happens there, too? Perhaps it is something to be fixed within QVR Pro and nothing from Reolink at all?
There are reolink firmwares all over the place:
https://reolink.com/firmware/

Now whether it is a different version that what it shipped with I don't know.
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kurisutian
Starting out

Post by Kurisutian »

Yes, I found that site already, but there are no files when clicking on the links for the 422 and 423. Just a referral link to the same page. And the firmware listed is the same the cameras were shipped with.
I installed surveillance station parallel to QVR now so I can compare the same recordings from both systems directly.
---
QNAP TVS-873-8G
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Kurisutian wrote:Yes, I found that site already, but there are no files when clicking on the links for the 422 and 423. Just a referral link to the same page. And the firmware listed is the same the cameras were shipped with.
I installed surveillance station parallel to QVR now so I can compare the same recordings from both systems directly.
Also be careful as what may seem like "qnap" issues could also be potentially NW related in some cases. Always good to check your POE switch port stats for dropped frames/errors/etc.
Paul

Kurisutian
Starting out

Post by Kurisutian »

Thanks for pointing that out. So far nothing like that happened. Also it's gigabit lan and only these two cameras are attached, so there are reserves on the capacity. I'll check recording with both systems and get back with the results.
---
QNAP TVS-873-8G
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

If you do find issues, be sure an open helpdesk tickets with QNAP so they can get them resolved. The Reolink C2 camera was added to compatibility list because I put in the request (and filled out some paperwork) to get it there. So tickets can make a difference. :)
Paul

Return to “Surveillance Solution”