After update surveillance station stopped recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Broken Lizard
Starting out

After update surveillance station stopped recording

Post by Broken Lizard »

Helllo,

yesterday after i came home from work i noticed there is an update available for surveillance station, so i updated it. After in afternoon in folder where all the recorded data is stored i noticed that from time when i did update recording stopped, there were no new recorded videos and no new hour folders, and under Camera Overview option Recording status is "Not recording".

Then i tried removing ONVIF camera and do same setup as before once more time and it didn`t help. Any recomendation what has to be done when update comes or is this just an update issue? This is my first surveillance station update, i have to mention that i have NAS only for 1 month and already first problems occurred :-0

Model of NAS is TS-251A
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
1xDAHUA IPC-HDW1420S POE IP Security cam
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Re: After update surveillance station stopped recording

Post by Broken Lizard »

From version logs i see that i have latest version Surveillance Station 5.1.3.4.0 installed now, how can it be downgraded to Surveillance Station 5.1.2.4.3, which was installed before, if this would help? When i visit app center for my NAS i only GET version 5.1.3.4.0. Where older versions are stored?
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

Anyone?
scribbleuk
New here

Post by scribbleuk »

Same problem here. Have logged a helpdesk ticket. They suggested disabling and re-enabling FTP port 21. No success. Haven't heard anything back from them since. Would like the ability to be able to rollback a version as it is obviously related to the upgrade.
nickvin
New here

Post by nickvin »

Same here... stopped working after SS upgrade.
Tried deleting camera and start fresh but doesn't solve the problem.
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

scribbleuk wrote:Same problem here. Have logged a helpdesk ticket. They suggested disabling and re-enabling FTP port 21. No success. Haven't heard anything back from them since. Would like the ability to be able to rollback a version as it is obviously related to the upgrade.
I was also in contact with helpdesk but in my case nobody replayed to my problem. Yesterday i sold my old FOSCAM and today i am getting my new one DAHUA HDW1420S and don`t know what to do if that one also wount work. I was trying all kind of options and nothing helped to me, deleting, restarting, and so on. Mybe in the meantime they are making new update? :lol:
scribbleuk
New here

Post by scribbleuk »

Qnap support seems to have gone silent. Usually very responsive but not now.

My own testing makes me think this is FTP related rather than SS related. I have cameras not managed by SS and I keep having to stop and start the FTP service to keep them recording. Since they all stop recording at the same time it is clearly FTP related.
scribbleuk
New here

Post by scribbleuk »

Also, Qnap really need a way to let users roll back a version while waiting on support. Not ideal having no surveillance and no support, or indication of fix time.
mbino
Starting out

Post by mbino »

Thank god I was able to roll back to this version: http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/Surveilla ... x86_64.zip

QNAP please fix your latest SS version and don't make it that hard to find older versions.
amirzo
New here

Post by amirzo »

Thank you mbino.
After 2 days of trying to understand why SS no longer recording, I have installed the version you linked to,
and recording is working again.
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

So the best thing for next time, everytime you update something regarding to SS you beter do backup :D :D

@mbino thank you, didn`t try your option yet, will try this weekend and will report :)
BobPearn
New here

Post by BobPearn »

I have the same problem. In digging into it I checked the camera settings. In the camera alarm ftp settings it has a user as _nvrevtrpt0000 and pw ***************. This was originally setup by the app. When I test the ftp I get an error "incorrect user or password". I tried using the admin account which cannot access the upload folder "event00000001". I have tried uninstalling the app an reinstall and get the same errors. I will now try the roll back link provided.
BobPearn
New here

Post by BobPearn »

The roll back link work! As far as the ftp setting goes. I assume it will now record. If it doesn't I will be back with another post.

Thx for the link mbino
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

In the camera alarm ftp settings it has a user as _nvrevtrpt0000 and pw ***************. This was originally setup by the app
This is the 'event notification account' - it's a dummy account (not shown in the FTP user list) that's just used for event signalling / notification purposes.
The use of it tells SS that a motion (or other type, specified by the event number) event has been detected.

Do a forum search for 'event notification account' for a little more info.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

Well after almost two weeks i got an answer from support:

Dear ***,

Thank you for your support inquiry .
Please install the previous Surveillance Station : https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/Surveill ... x86_64.zip in APP Center of this TS-251A manually ( see attached picture ) then verify this issue again .

Let me know the result . Thank you

Best regards

and attached photo from them of course:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”