After update surveillance station stopped recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
jasonsf
Starting out

Re: RE: Re: After update surveillance station stopped recording

Post by jasonsf »

Broken Lizard wrote:Since my last report when i mentioned that they fixed problems with recording, i think yesterday or today i got notification that there is an update available for SS i noticed that once again recording STOPED WORKING. From date 30.7 since yesterday 4.8. until 23:59 everything worked as it should but now we are back with problems, WTF?? Currently i am on version v5.1.3.4.1 07/23 (which i updated in app center) and once again back with problems. Do we really have to check almost every day if our SS are working properly? :S :S :S :S
I can confirm that my Motion events are working with that version. Maybe it is Camera - dependant? I'm using foscam FI9831P V2 cameras.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
QNAP TS-251+, TR-004 software controlled
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Re: After update surveillance station stopped recording

Post by Broken Lizard »

Well i don`t think so that the cameras are the main reason. Isn`t that a coincidence that they stoped working directly at 0:00 hour?

Under attachment you can se last motion detection video recorded was on 4.8.18 at 23:55:10 and everything was working perfect from 30.7.18-4.8.18

And yes, overwriting is working, well it was until yesterday, in this case on 4.8 at midnight new folder 2018-08-05 was supposed to be made and 2018-07-30 it should dissapear and it didn`t :S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
1xDAHUA IPC-HDW1420S POE IP Security cam
HammerheadTM
First post

Post by HammerheadTM »

V5.1.3.4.1 (2018/07/23) fixed it for me.
amirzo
New here

Post by amirzo »

Broken Lizard wrote:Since my last report when i mentioned that they fixed problems with recording, i think yesterday or today i got notification that there is an update available for SS i noticed that once again recording STOPED WORKING. From date 30.7 since yesterday 4.8. until 23:59 everything worked as it should but now we are back with problems, WTF?? Currently i am on version v5.1.3.4.1 07/23 (which i updated in app center) and once again back with problems. Do we really have to check almost every day if our SS are working properly? :S :S :S :S
I was afraid this would happen, so I decided not to update SS for the time being.
Glad I did.
Also, did not run the latest firmware update.
They should take testing new version more seriously.
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

Problem stil exists, every once in a while a complete day is missing. When a previous day ends new one doesn`t start at 0:01 but just skips complete day and then starts next day when motion is detected...

Example:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
1xDAHUA IPC-HDW1420S POE IP Security cam
sboger
New here

Post by sboger »

I was getting alerts for high swap usage a few days after I added four cameras. Swap was genuinely building, even though I had gigs of free memory. I also lost a nights of recordings. I ssh'd to the NAS and ran:

Code: Select all

for file in /proc/*/status ; do awk '/VmSwap|Name/{printf $2 " " $3}END{ print ""}' $file; done | sort -k 2 -n -r | less 
The top, nearly 2GB, hog was /usr/bin/qvrmdmgr. Then I remembered that QVR Pro is a docker container.

I fired up Portainer and found a hidden qvrpro_all container. Even though it's mem/cpu resources were set to unlimited (according to portainer - there might be qnap configs), it looked like it was working with a 2GB limit. I altered the memory to 3GB and restarted the container. In Portainer, I could see the app start to use over 2GB memory. Swap immediately went down.

Interestingly, I just looked now again using portainer and the resources are set back to unlimited. Perhaps I need the container off first. Interestingly I am still not seeing any swap usage from qvrmdmgr.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”