Why is zoom not working with QVR Pro but does with Dahua browser?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Why is zoom not working with QVR Pro but does with Dahua browser?

Post by Beemer2 »

I have QVR compatable varifocal Dahua cameras. The Dahua browser using Chrome or Internet Explorer plugin allows focus and zoom to work. However QVR Pro 1.2.2 will not allow focus or zoom to work. The QBR test of the cameras are okay using the Dahua camera type number. Does the QVR type column showing ONVIF have any bearing on the zoom function?
TS-473A, 32GB, 4x4TB, Raid5, 12GB Red Plus backup
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Why is zoom not working with QVR Pro but does with Dahua browser?

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Does the QVR type column showing ONVIF have any bearing on the zoom function?
Are you saying that you have connected this Dahua camera as an ONVIF model?
The ONVIF specifications do support zoom and PTZ, but it will depend on what level of ONVIF support is provided by the camera.

It might be interesting to check that by trying the zoom controls within the very good ONVIF tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

AlastairStevenson wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:52 pm
Does the QVR type column showing ONVIF have any bearing on the zoom function?
Are you saying that you have connected this Dahua camera as an ONVIF model?
The ONVIF specifications do support zoom and PTZ, but it will depend on what level of ONVIF support is provided by the camera.

It might be interesting to check that by trying the zoom controls within the very good ONVIF tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Hi Alistair,
My post stated that the camera is connected to QVR Pro using its compatible type number. QVR Pro recognises this number and puts it is the model column but puts the 'ONVIF (fixed settings)' in the Name column. There does not appear to be a way of determining if QVR Pro is using ONVIF or the camera parameters.

If in addition to QVR Client I open a separate browser window and logon separately to each camera I can use it to optical zoom/focus but this is a pain I would rather not have.

Ian
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

My post stated that the camera is connected to QVR Pro using its compatible type number.
Yes, but I was commenting on your mention of ONVIF in the QVR Pro configuration.
QVR Pro recognises this number and puts it is the model column but puts the 'ONVIF (fixed settings)' in the Name column.
This is the 'auto-detected' model?
There does not appear to be a way of determining if QVR Pro is using ONVIF or the camera parameters.
A network capture would confirm that the ONVIF dialogues were in use.

However - a suggestion:
Do you have the choice to make a manual make/model selection such that the choice is the native camera as opposed to the ONVIF connection?
Also - it might be interesting to determine if the camera exposes its zoom controls over the ONVIF dialogues by using ONVIF Device Manager.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Beemer2
Easy as a breeze

Post by Beemer2 »

The extensive Dahua camera list does list my model but it does not offer ONVIF as a selection. it is truly a pain to have to open the Dahua Configuration software, login then download the Dahua web service plug-in and login then select just one camera to alter its zoom then change the ip address in the plugin and repeat this for every camera.
The QVR Pro software with PTZ activated will not allow the cameras to zoom
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

The extensive Dahua camera list does list my model but it does not offer ONVIF as a selection.
ONVIF is not a Dahua model - it's a standardised, open, surveillance systems command and control protocol that is widely supported by very many brands.
But there are different specifications that cameras can support.
As suggested - using ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) would confirm if the camera exposes it's PTZ controls over ONVIF.

login then download the Dahua web service plug-in and login then select just one camera to alter its zoom then change the ip address in the plugin and repeat this for every camera.
Not necessary - the plugin just requires a one-off install in the browser.
Then just point the browser at the camera IP address to access its web GUI.
You need to do this anyway to configure the very many settings in the camera that are not under control of QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”