Howto: Hikvision with PIR & Alarm I/O record on SS

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
DiliMe
Getting the hang of things

Howto: Hikvision with PIR & Alarm I/O record on SS

Post by DiliMe »

Hi,
This Howto is about setting a Hikvision Cube (DS-2CD2432F-IW) to record ONLY on events triggered by the PIR sensor (not by the software motion detection).
I'm writing this tutorial as I have searched from a couple of years for this solution but I haven't found it anywhere on other forums on internet. Hopefully it will help many people to get rid off the soft motion detection which is full of false positives on clouds and light changes as my Cube camera is monitoring an entrance glass door.
First, I hardwired 1 wire strap from Alarm O to Alarm I and by closing the circuit it is recording following this logic: PIR sensor ->> Alarm Out A->1 ->> wire strap -> Alarm In A<-1 ->> Notify Surveillance Center ->> Qnap SS ->> Alarm Input1 = Closed ->> Start Recording Channels 1&2.
Please check the printscreens for the details. It helps following the images from the last one to the first one (this is how it were automagically uploaded and sorted by the forum app).

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DiliMe on Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*(Main) TS-253A/8GB - \\SMB server for family documents; SurveilanceStation for 4 x cctv cams; Kodi for playing Movies on TV-HDMI; QuMagie for watching photos archive on smartphones; QMusic for listening music on smartphones; QFile for auto backup of smartphones photos; AutoBackup of family OneDrive/GDrive; Containers (iperf, nginx-proxy, uptime-kuma, influxdb)

*(Backup) TS-112/0,5GB - SurveilanceStation for 2 x cctv cams; RTRR of CCTV live recording from TS-253A; RTRR of all shared folders from TS-253A
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Howto: Hikvision with PIR & Alarm I/O record on SS

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Hopefully it will help many people to get rid off the soft motion detection which is full of false positives on clouds and light changes as my Cube camera is monitoring an entrance glass door.
Well done, and thanks for sharing for the benefit of others.
That's what community forums are all about.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”