QVR PRO Camera Disconnects

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
wilsodg
Know my way around

QVR PRO Camera Disconnects

Post by wilsodg »

I have an 872xt with 32gb running QTS4.4. 8 cameras streaming to QVR pro- various types of Vivotek. 1GB Wired LAN. Home environment. Netgear switches. Previously used Surveilance Station and worked fine. Can also stream directly to the NAS from the cameras using network share. No interrupts. We stream video (Plex) - no problems. Under QVR pro I get disconnects particularly if I log into QVR pro and do anything (maintenance even looking at logs). All the cameras will disconnect for a minute, and then log back in. Data coming in is 2MB/so hardly stressing the system. Cameras are 1080p res. Any ideas on how to resolve? Considered placing cameras on own clan or subnet and into dedicated network port (but I don’t think it is a network issue). Any way to tweak qvrpro so it gets more memory/ resource ( or to know what is causing this)? I have in a separate storage pool writing to a WD purple disk not raided and not cached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TVS-872XT with TR-004 and D800C
TS670Pro with UX500-P expansion
TS569Pro
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: QVR PRO Camera Disconnects

Post by storageman »

Sounds like a NIC issue.
Try trunking the 1Gb ports.

So what's the 10GbE and TB ports doing, anything?
wilsodg
Know my way around

Post by wilsodg »

Thanks for taking time to read and suggestion. I tried combining the ports previously (Link Aggregation?) but tbh never really got any increase. Maybe a switch thing there. I agree it might be an NIC except the total camera throughput is at most 80mbits/s and it’s 8 sessions. TB and 10GB not doing anything atm - will need to upgrade the backbone for that - but 1Gb should easily handle it. Also don’t understand why QVRP is losing all cameras at once - if it was one or two, but all 8? But that’s why I considered putting them on a different dedicated subnet and dedicating the second NIC to QVRP.
TS569Pro
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

And are you on latest qvr pro, 1.2.1.3?
And is the Vivotek model approved?
wilsodg
Know my way around

Post by wilsodg »

I am on QTS 4.4.0.0931 build 20190510.
QVRP 1.2.1.3
The vivotek cameras are all onvif compliant and are detected /identified by QVRP . The camera models are listed in the drop-down boxes so I assume supported.

I’ll try setting up second NIC and binding QVRP only to that link

TS569Pro
wilsodg
Know my way around

Post by wilsodg »

Seems to be sorted - put QVR on the other NIC and no dropouts. Thanks for pointer.

TS569Pro

Return to “Surveillance Solution”