QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
rafale
Getting the hang of things

QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

Post by rafale » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:38 am

I opened a ticket to QNAP about this feature request but wanted to post here as well to see if there are alternative solutions:

I have an unsupported Hikvision doorbell: The DB1 aka RCA HSDB2 aka Laview One Halo.
It offers a 3MP (1536x2048) H264 stream through RTSP with AAC audio. It works perfectly as a generic RSTP feed on QVR Pro but... being no different in terms of feed from my amcrest or Dahua cameras which are supported except for the URL and the resolution, QVR pro does not offer either motion detection or any of the stream setup like the supported cameras do which makes no sense to me since there is nothing about the stream which makes it different from other cameras. Is there a workaround to this problem? I tried setting up the stream as another Hikvision camera but none worked.
TVS 1282, i7 6700K, Emulex OCe11102 dual 10GBe Card, 64GB, 2xMicron1100 2TB SATA, 2x Crucial C300 128GB Cache, 2x850 EVO 500GB M.2. 4x WD Red 8TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB

RussellNS
New here

Re: QVR Pro Generic Cameras lacking functionalities

Post by RussellNS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:28 am

@Rafale

I have the LaView One Halo. I see from your message that you were able to configure QVR Pro to view a comparable model. I'm struggling to get this far. Could you say what settings you're using (brand, model, port, rsts port, and if you're using an acct/pw or not)? Thank you! Also, I've got the password for my device, but I was curious if your camera had a default admin account name (like 'admin' or blank).

PVN85
First post

Post by PVN85 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi all,
I have a rstp camera. I am trying to input the settings like below but no stream .
Do you have any idea ?
Thanks

name : host name
marque :genreric model
model : generic RSTP
ip address : 192.x.x.x
port : 80
port RSTP : 554
url : rstp://192.x.x.x/channel
account : no account
password : no password
QNAP TS 251+

AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:27 pm

I have a rstp camera. I am trying to input the settings like below but no stream .
Do you have any idea ?
Assuming the camera is ONVIF compatible (most are these days) - query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
ODM will show the required RTSP string at the bottom of the Live Video page, and also the needed ONVIF port (it's not always port 80) at the bottom of the Identification page.
You need to give ODM some valid logon credentials, at the top left of the window.
It will find ONVIF devices on the same LAN automatically.

Also - you don't need to enter the IP address twice, that makes the RTSP string invalid.
TS-431+ as primary storage and media server and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”