QVR Pro and/or QVR Surveillance Station

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
habanerocat
Starting out

QVR Pro and/or QVR Surveillance Station

Post by habanerocat »

Hi,

I want to connect an IP camera to my TS-253B NAS. Bit confused as usual.

Should I load QVR Pro and the Surveillance Station onto my NAS or just QVR Pro on it's own?
Do I need to load the QVR Pro Client and/or QVR Client onto my PC?

Is there a list of IP cameras that are compatible or should any IP camera work.
Any external IP budget camera recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks................
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: QVR Pro and/or QVR Surveillance Station

Post by AlastairStevenson »

QVRPro and Surveillance Station are 2 separate apps that do similar things.

There is a large IP camera compatibility list on the QNAP website www.qnap.com where you can check against your model number.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
habanerocat
Starting out

Post by habanerocat »

AlastairStevenson wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:30 pm QVRPro and Surveillance Station are 2 separate apps that do similar things.

There is a large IP camera compatibility list on the QNAP website www.qnap.com where you can check against your model number.
Thanks for that. From reading, would I be right in saying QVR Pro is the way to go for a domestic dwelling?

Also, That list is very big. I've spent hours and am no closer to even finding a compatible camera freely available in the UK, not to mind choosing one.

Any recommendations?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

The first step would be working out what you aim to achieve, then moderating that with any budget and other constraints.
You would get lots of advice and guidance if you head over to ipcamtalk.com
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
habanerocat
Starting out

Post by habanerocat »

AlastairStevenson wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm The first step would be working out what you aim to achieve, then moderating that with any budget and other constraints.
You would get lots of advice and guidance if you head over to ipcamtalk.com
Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

I just want to connect an external wifi IP camera to my TS-253B NAS over my home network and record the images. A standard bullet camera looks ideal for my location.

I just want a budget camera as I have a feeling it will be vandalised. The smaller and less noticeable the better, but I don't want a hidden camera either.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

The 'turret' format of camera has a number of benefits.
It's much less prone to spider webs than a bullet.
It's much more vandal proof than a bullet, if its accessible enough to be messed with.
The IR LEDs are stronger than the ring used on a bullet.
It's a little less visible than a bullet, though remember that visibility does have a deterrence effect.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”