Help with new Hikvision - QVR Pro

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Disco87
New here

Help with new Hikvision - QVR Pro

Post by Disco87 »

Morning!

I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2086G2-I and I have managed to get it working with QVR Pro using the ONVIF Profile S.

However I don't have motion detection. I emailed QNAP support who said they currently had no plans to support this camera, why not? I thought the camera list was still being updated no? This camera is part of a whole new range of Hikvision's so are they not going to support any of them?

Does anyone know of a way I can motion events to QVR Pro? It doesn't have to be classified as motion detection on the QVR side, just some sort of event to be triggered by motion on the camera side would suffice. I have seen there are FTP and email options on the camera itself but not sure how to feed these into QVR.

Or does anyone know how I can add my camera to the QVR profile list? I am guessing those profiles are merely text configuration files which state the features, functions and contain a map of the controls/commands for each model.

Thanks in advance!
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Help with new Hikvision - QVR Pro

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I'm surprised you don't have motion events, or even Hikvision Smart Events, even for Profile S.
I've added similar Hikvision cameras to QVR Pro previously and seen almost the full set of Hikvision Smart events available to use.
I just tried adding a DS-2CD3386FWDV2-IS as Profile S and motion detection, line crossing detection, intrusion detection and more were all available.

I'm wondering if there are some required services in the camera that are not enabled and need to be.
ONVIF is usually disabled by default, as is Hikvision CGI and others.

Have you actually configured and enabled the motion and other event settings in the camera web GUI?
You do need to do that if the camera is going to generate event notifications even under ONVIF.
It's not down to QVR Pro what detail you want in the camera event configuration - you need to set that up yourself in the camera.

One good way to see what events the camera is generating is to query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM some logon details for the camera and you can see lots of info.
Any events the camera generates can be seen on the Events page.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Disco87
New here

Post by Disco87 »

Hi Alastair

Thanks for your time. I installed ONVIF device manager last night, went out in the dark and it didn't trigger any events. Does this mean I have misconfigured something on the camera?

Thanks
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Yes, it does.
Or maybe not configured or enabled.
You need to use the camera web GUi to enable and configure all the events as you want them to be.
For example, Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection scene configurations depend entirely on what the camera is viewing and what you need to protect.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
pr1970
Starting out

Post by pr1970 »

Hi,
Just wondering if you found the answer to this? I just tried setting up a new hik vision, the default cameras under hikvision wont login so i`m using onvif profiles camera which does connect but i`m not getting any motion/alarm recordings. Camera itself sends out detections to my phone app, but would like to see them show up in QVR.
Thanks
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I checked the compatibility list before I purchased my cameras. The additional cameras plugin has lots of others in its database. You can also check to see if another model is compatible and use that. I did that before I got the plugin.
nitromax
Starting out

Post by nitromax »

pr1970 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 pm Hi,
Just wondering if you found the answer to this? I just tried setting up a new hik vision, the default cameras under hikvision wont login so i`m using onvif profiles camera which does connect but i`m not getting any motion/alarm recordings. Camera itself sends out detections to my phone app, but would like to see them show up in QVR.
Thanks

I just installed 2 x DS-2CD2086G2-IU today, they are on the QVR Pro compatibility list.

This is what I did, Use SADPTool from Hikvision to activate cameras and change IP address as default address is 192.168.1.64 mine runs on default gateway of 192.168.0.1, SADPTool allows you to set password for the cameras.
after adding cameras to QVR Pro,
Brand : Hikvision,
Model : DS-2CD2086G2,
did not use ONVIF Profile S (using QVR Pro 1.4)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/furbau4niil6n ... d.jpg?dl=0

If QVR Pro does not find cameras add them manually, Brand : Hikvision, Model : DS-2CD2086G2, IP Address 192.168 x.xx, Port 80, RTSP Port 554, Account: admin, Password(what ever you entered)

transport protocol: auto
stream mode: single stream
audio recording : enabled
Stream settings
Video Compression: H.265+
Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 20
Bit Rate: 4096K bps

Event Manger

add even and actions mine is:
motion detection camera 1 (make sure is shows (Camera as detector)
Action event recording camera 1
click apply

From camera setting get IP address of camera, launch web browser and type IP address of camera

user is : admin and password you would have set when activating cameras.
when logged in click on Configuration/ events/ basic event or smart event, (I use basic event) then click on Motion detection, enable motion detection, enable Dynamic Analysis for motion.
Configuration : normal
click draw area and draw as many square you require to cover area you want motion detection, set target for vehicle or human or both, Sensitivity is set at 60%, click save.
if you click on arming schedule you can specify a time for motion detection. Link method : send email, notify QVR Pro, upload to Memory card /FTP
Model: TVS-951X Intel Celeron 7th Generation Dual Core 1.8GHz FW: 4.5.1.1540
Disks: [Single]
1 x Crutial MX500 500GB SSD (Operation system)
1 x WD RED 4TB (media)
1 x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB Nas (Media)
1 x 4tb WD Blue SSD (Phone media back up)
2 x WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Drive (Raid0)
1 x Crucial 1TB SSD (Raid 5 Cache acceleration for CCTV Drives (WD Purple)

Return to “Surveillance Solution”