QVR Pro on QuTS hero?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
tdietin
New here

QVR Pro on QuTS hero?

Post by tdietin »

I'm expecting my new TS-h973AX within the next days and are asking myself whether I should install QTS oder QuTS hero upon intial installation. If I understood correctly QuTS hero comes with QVR elite which just includes 2 channel licenses, additional ones have to be paid. As I'm currently using QVR Pro with 6 channels I'm wondering if QVR Pro can be also used with QuTS hero and whether also an 8 channel license is included. Alternatively I have to install QTS which should be also working with h973AX, hopefully the 8 QVR Pro channels licenses are included in this case...
Does anybody have any experience or knows whether QVR Pro is also included in/works with QuTS hero?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas
Guapo81
Know my way around

Re: QVR Pro on QuTS hero?

Post by Guapo81 »

Very valid question. I'm looking into buying the TS-H686 or 886, but I'm also using QVR pro at the moment. (with 2 channels by the way, so looking at your point that you get 2 channels with QVR elite this would work for me at the moment, though giving me no possible room to go for more channels without paying a monthly fee for it..)

Looking into this on the QNAP website it tells me that for now anyway QVR pro is not possible on QuTS hero, only QVR Elite.
https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/?os= ... llance&II=

Hope someone can give some insight about if and when QVR pro will become available for QuTS hero and if indeed you still get multiple channels included without additional cost...
QNAP TS-h886-64G 2x Samsung 970PRO NVMe SSD (RAID1, System), 2x Samsung 860 PRO SSD (RAID1, VM) 4x Seagate EXOS X16 16TB (RAID5, Data) - FW: QuTS-hero
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4x HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5, Backup) - FW: QTS
QNAP TVS-463 4x Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5, Surveillance, Backup) - FW: QTS
Former units: TS-469Pro, TS-459ProII, TS-269Pro, Qgenie
tdietin
New here

Post by tdietin »

Hi all,

I just got my new TS-h973AX and wanted to share my experiences on the mentioned topic: It works! Although QVR Pro is not offered within the QuTS hero App Center, you can download it from the QTS App Center (zip-File with QPKG file) and install it manually. It automatically creates 8 valid QVR Pro licenses and everything seems to work! I don't know whether auto update will work, but if it's required to manually check for new QVR Pro server updates and also manually install these updates, I could live with that...

I hope this information is of some value for anyboday else.
Have a nice day and stay healthy!

Thomas
rafale
Easy as a breeze

Post by rafale »

Very valuable info! This makes me less hesitant to move to QuTS when/if it gets released for my units.
Server: TVS-872XT i9 9900 ES, 64GB DDR4 2666MHz, intel X550-T2, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC (On pico PSU), 2x Phison E12 1TB M.2, 4x Micron 5210 7.68TB, 4x WD Purple 4TB
Backup NAS: TS-473 20GB DDR4 2400MHz, Mellanox ConnectX3, 2x Samsung PM871b 256GB M.2, 4x WD Red 8TB
Former units: TVS-1282, TS-871, TS-469
maidau
First post

Post by maidau »

Old post I know but I need to know how it's worked out for those who manually installed QVR Pro on a QuTS hero system?
Is QVR Pro still going strong? Does it update through the app window or do you need to manually download and install each update?

Thnx.
tdietin
New here

Post by tdietin »

Hi,
It's still working quite well, but you have to update manually, which shouldn't be a problem (configuration etc. will be kept.. )
Regards
Thomas

Return to “Surveillance Solution”