14 day limit

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
spile
Been there, done that

14 day limit

Post by spile »

Has there been a QVRPro update that has changed the 14 day recording limit ?
I do not remember seeing warnings on the windows application before but these are now present and older recordings are no longer stored.
I previously had a 21 day amount of storage with the vanilla version.
gribnut
Starting out

Re: 14 day limit

Post by gribnut »

Unless you purchase additional license, QVR Pro has always limited playback to last 14 days. The number of days of recordings stored is a function of your storage as QVR Pro will store recordings beyond the 14 limit (just can't view them using QVR Pro client unless licensed). In my case, I have storage for about a month of recordings even though I'm only able to view last 14 days. I believe you can view the existing stored recordings beyond 14 days if one purchases an additional license (either the Gold or Unlimited Playback). It's a kluge, but you can also view the older recordings by accessing the mp4 files in the QVRProRecording directory.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I did not have an additional licence but was able to playback 21 days worth of recordings. I suspect the QVRPro upgrade fixed this loophole.
Interestingly enough, old recordings are I no longer available via file station. Qnap have intimidated that this may be due to the update changing file sizes butI have no easy way of finding out if this is the case. I will stick with 1Tb of space and live with 14 days of recordings.
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

I'm able to see last month of recordings via File Station under QVRProRecording directory as long as option "Use Recording File Explorer to access recordings" option is enabled in QVR Recording Storage settings (the corresponding raw files under QVRProSpace_XXX directory also go back same time period). This also lines up with available dates when viewing available recordings in my various QVR clients (Mac and iOS clients). Dates are highlighted where recording exist go back to Feb 8 for me as that is where space cutoff occurs for my storage volume. When I select a date from client beyond 2 weeks, I get warning unable to access due to 14 day limit of license. Dates that go back beyond my available recordings (currently Feb 8), are not highlighted in the client.

Can't speak for all clients, but if dates beyond last 14 days in your QVR client are highlighted (iOS client has a dot under day), I suspect the recording exists on your NAS even if not able to view due to default 14 day limit.

I should note that I upgraded to QVR 2.0.0.0 a couple of days ago. While it didn't change behavior of recording retentions, I am having problem where I'm intermittently unable to playback earlier recordings (a restart of QVR Pro app on NAS resolves). Also see where a few folks on forum are unable start QVR Pro after upgrade to 2.0. In hindsight, I'd wait till some bugs get fixed in 2.0 before upgrading (change log indicates one cannot downgrade after updating to 2.0).
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I have checked \\NAS\QVRProRecording\File\Standard_Format\Ch001_Rear\Normal01\ and a folder from 2021-02-20\14 is present and contains recordings so it appears to be recording as expected.
I am also finding that the QVRPro upgrade and this morning's firmware update have necessitated me resetting client logins. However, I am currently having problems opening the app or Windows client.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”