Hikvision camera compatability

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Freightdog
First post

Hikvision camera compatability

Post by Freightdog »

Hi, I'm new to all this NAS and surveillance stuff and looking for some advice.

I want at replace some old wifi cameras with IP ones and incorporate a NAS as a solution to my storage needs and making use of QVR Pro at the same time. The trouble I'm having is finding a camera that suits my requirements and is compatible with QVR. The camera(s) I'm looking at is the HIK DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL or the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL, essentially the same camera but with higher pixel rating, but they have the features I need.

I see the 2386G2 is listed, but not with with the "ISU/SL code", does this mean the camera will work but not the audio or light?

Also, if the 8mp one is compatible, why not the 4mp, surely they are the same camera with a different sensor? The firmware on HIK website is V5.5.150 and on the QNAP list it's V5.5.131, does this make any difference?

What I want to do is have the cameras record to the NAS and use all the camera itelligence (line-cross, accusense, motion etc..) I know I can get the intelligence on the phone app when using an SD card in the camera, so I can get alerts that way, which is fine. But will the NAS see these and record the event or will I have to have record continuously?

Any help would be appreciated.
dragerfroe
Starting out

Re: Hikvision camera compatability

Post by dragerfroe »

I am working on a Hikvision DS-2DE3A404IW-DE now, and I have to set it up as an ONVIF device because there is no support for it in QVR Pro 2.0.0.2.
  • Not sure about your light question....maybe.
  • There are some close cameras with the one I have no exact match so none of those others I tried with close model numbers worked.
  • When using ONVIF, I only get the basic motion detection without the smart features on my camera.
  • You can do the alarm input/output wiring trick (basically connect alarm out wiring to alarm in) to trigger all the smart features alarm sounds and audio, but it will not trigger the QVR to trip for recording.
This is potentially a bad ars camera if I can get the smart features to work.
NAS: QNAP Turbo NAS TS-870U-RP, 16 GB Ram
CPU Upgrade: Intel i7-2600S
System Fan Mod: AVC DE07015B12L 7CM 12V 0.3A 7015 AVC CPU (x2) Fan to reduce Motherboard fan noise - (easy drop in)
PSU Fan Mod: SUNON HA40201V4-000U-999 4cm Super-silent Fan Magnetic (X2) - (modded each power supply myself, some soldering, but easy mod)
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Suggestion to try :
Select a similar Hikvision model that is on the compatibility list.
Ignore the 'model mismatch' message - it's informational, not fatal.
See if it connects and allows use of Smart Events.

Hikvision's ISAPI command and control interface is consistent across the model ranges.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
lucav87
New here

Post by lucav87 »

Hello everybody,
I have a big problem with the hikvision cameras DS-2CD2686G2-IZSU / SL and DS-2CD2686G2-IZS, in practice one disconnects all the time and does not show me from the menu the possibility to insert an alert in case of intrusion detect (DS-2CD2686G2 -IZS), while the other does not connect but from the menu I can set the alarm for intrusion (DS-2CD2686G2-IZSU / SL) ... the two cameras differ only in the strobe and siren.
I am attaching some screenshots.

how can i solve?
thank you very much
sorry for my bad english I hope you understand :)

Return to “Surveillance Solution”