QNAP wrote: Resolved: Stack Buffer Overflow in Surveillance Station
Release date: February 17, 2021
Security ID: QSA-21-07
CVE identifier: CVE-2020-2501
Affected products: QNAP NAS running Surveillance Station
A stack-based buffer overflow vulnerability has been reported to affect QNAP NAS devices running Surveillance Station. If exploited, this vulnerability allows attackers to execute arbitrary code.
We have already fixed this vulnerability in the following versions:
- Surveillance Station 22.214.171.124.3 (and later) for ARM CPU NAS (64bit OS) and x86 CPU NAS (64bit OS)
- Surveillance Station 126.96.36.199.3 (and later) for ARM CPU NAS (32bit OS) and x86 CPU NAS (32bit OS)
To fix the issue, we recommend updating Surveillance Station to the latest version.
Updating Surveillance Station
- Log on to QTS as administrator.
- Open the App Center and then click .
A search box appears.
- Type “Surveillance Station” and then press ENTER.
Surveillance Station appears in the search results.
- Click Update.
A confirmation message appears.
Note: The Update button is not available if your Surveillance Station is already up to date.
- Click OK.
The application is updated.
Acknowledgements: An independent security researcher reported this vulnerability to SSD Secure Disclosure
Revision History: V1.0 (Feb 17, 2021) - Published
QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Ask me anything
- Posts: 8986
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:48 am
- Location: "... there, behind that sofa!"