Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
gribnut
Starting out

Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

Post by gribnut »

Since I began using QVR Pro last year, I've not been able to pair one of my family's iPhone with QVR Pro for notifications. Two other iPhones are able to pair with my QVR Pro server. I opened support ticket w/ QNAP last year on topic. I was not able to pair the same failed iPhone with a QVR Pro instance on their end either so it does indicate that my iPhone/setting is cause of failure to pair. I'm unable to find and related logs/messages on phone or NAS.

QNAP supports only suggestion was to perform a factory reset of phone (I've not gone that far as I don't want to have to go through all my phone settings just to get QVR Pro notifications working). Ironically, the same iPhone that is unable to pair w/ QVR Pro for notifications successfully pairs with the QNAP NAS itself for system notifications. I would have thought that if failure to pair with QVR Pro notifications was caused by iPhone setting it would have also prevented pairing the the QNAP NAS notifications.

Thought I'd throw question/issue out on this forum in case anyone else has had same problem and able to resolve why an iPhone is unable to pair with QVR Pro Notifications.
dragerfroe
Starting out

Re: Unable to Pair iPhone for QVR Pro Notifications

Post by dragerfroe »

Mine was working earlier this year, and I don't know what happened, but mine stopped.
NAS: QNAP Turbo NAS TS-870U-RP, 16 GB Ram
CPU Upgrade: Intel i7-2600S
System Fan Mod: AVC DE07015B12L 7CM 12V 0.3A 7015 AVC CPU (x2) Fan to reduce Motherboard fan noise - (easy drop in)
PSU Fan Mod: SUNON HA40201V4-000U-999 4cm Super-silent Fan Magnetic (X2) - (modded each power supply myself, some soldering, but easy mod)
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

Same problem. iphone works with system notifications, but not qvr pro. My ipad does the same.

AND another twist: my Android table DOES pair with QVR Pro.

Maybe a difference in the Android vs iPhone client software?

Does anyone use QVR Pro SMS capability to work around?
Carl
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

Update:
Had a support call with QNAP. They've escalated this issue, as a bug, where QVR Pro server will not pair with iPhone.
Looking forward to a fix!
QNAP TS-251, QVR Pro
MacOS, iPhone, iPad, Android
RPi, ESP32, IOTStack, RTL_433, NodeRed, InfluxDB, Graphana
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

Good to hear QNAP taking up this issue. Look forward to hear if they resolve from your support request.
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

Tried re-pairing iPhone that was unable to pair with QVR Pro Notifications after updating QVR Pro to v2.1.0.0 but still unable to pair that particular iPhone (able to pair other family members' iPhones). Was hoping fix may have been included in 2.1.0.0 from cbad536's support request (there was nothing in change log indicating fix was applied). Looks like issue where some iPhones unable to pair w/ QVR Pro Notifications still open issue.
Davo456
New here

Post by Davo456 »

I had similar problems with Surviellance Station.

solution was twofold..
1. delete and reinstall the app
2. ensure that any QIDs are the full XXX.myqnapcloud.com QID name -using XXX on its own does not allow you to enable push settings.
TS453A 2016-current
TS653A 2018-2021 RIP (backplane failed)
TS253B 2020-current
TS653D 2021-current
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

Hi Team,
We worked on the problem about a month. Eventually, the escalation team was able to sign into my machine and pair THIER iphone... so everything kinda stopped at that point. I'm still unable to pair my iphone. (tried solution by Davo456 above, didn't work for me)
QNAP TS-251, QVR Pro
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

If you want to connect to your NAS remotely I would recommend a VPN server. I run Wireguard on a Raspberry Pi and unlike MyQnapCloud always connects and is a lot faster. Running QVRPro clients on iPad, Windows and Android.
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

Yup, I've found that works very well, and that's how I get in to view cameras. However, I want motion alerts pushed to my phone.
QNAP TS-251, QVR Pro
gribnut
Starting out

Post by gribnut »

cbad536 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:13 am Hi Team,
We worked on the problem about a month. Eventually, the escalation team was able to sign into my machine and pair THIER iphone... so everything kinda stopped at that point. I'm still unable to pair my iphone. (tried solution by Davo456 above, didn't work for me)
Similar story here. I'm able to pair wife and daughter iPhone to my QVR NAS but still unable to pair my iPhone. Was also unable to pair my iPhone to a NAS running QVR Pro from QNAP support. Problem appears to be specific to my iPhone since others able to pair iPhone to my QVR Pro NAS/server. Same as cbad536, I am able to pair my iPhone with system notification, just unable to pair with QVR Pro. Support pretty much dropped my case with recommendation of performing factory reset on my iPhone (I've not gone that far as don't want to spend effort on re-configuring numerous settings/apps assuming that restoring from iPhone backup would put me back in same place even if was able to pair with factory reset). I retry pairing (by deleting NAS from client and reconnecting with notifications enabled) every time I get new iPhone or QVR Pro version. Thus far, still unsuccessful.

Might not be a common problem but based upon this forum thread there are at least a few folks with identical problem.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

cbad536 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm Yup, I've found that works very well, and that's how I get in to view cameras. However, I want motion alerts pushed to my phone.
Push notifications are very unreliable imho and tend to be blocked by phone security updates and battery saving functions. On the the other hand email notifications are fast and reliable.
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

spile wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm
cbad536 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm Yup, I've found that works very well, and that's how I get in to view cameras. However, I want motion alerts pushed to my phone.
Push notifications are very unreliable imho and tend to be blocked by phone security updates and battery saving functions. On the the other hand email notifications are fast and reliable.
Hmmm. I really haven't investigated that. I'll turn on a bunch of stuff from the system notification page and try it out. If it proves unreliable, I may get a SMS or similar service. End product: I want my phone to chirp when motion is detected and I'm away from the house.
BTW I opened another ticket on the issue.
QNAP TS-251, QVR Pro
cbad536
Starting out

Post by cbad536 »

Is there any way to get a short video clip sent out of QVR Pro, then motion is detected?
QNAP TS-251, QVR Pro
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

If I get an email and the photo looks suspicious, I turn on Wireguard and check the live/recorded event in QVRPro. Fast and easy.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”