Keep Getting Frame Error in QVR Pro With Reolink

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Freway01
New here

Keep Getting Frame Error in QVR Pro With Reolink

Post by Freway01 »

I have four Reolink cameras (two RLC-410WS, one RLC-422W, & one E1 Outdoor). I'm able to add all of them to QVR Pro using 'ONVIF' settings. I'm using static IP's and each camera has a unique 'Media', 'HTTP', 'HTTPS', 'RTSP', 'RTMP', and 'ONVIF' port assignments (configured via the Reolink Client).

All cameras keep connecting-disconnecting-reconnecting from QVR Pro. When I look at the QVR Pro logs, I find a ton of 'frame errors' errors, and a few informational errors reporting that various cameras 'Camera x failed to send data xxx time(s) in the last xx minutes .....'.

I've tried various tweaks to some of the settings for each cameras, i.e. 'Transport protocal (using TCP)', streams, 'Frame Rate', and 'Quality' and I'm still getting the frame errors and the cameras connecting-disconnecting-reconnecting from QVR Pro. If I look at the cameras in the Reolink Client, I don't see any errors or disconnecting-reconnecting.

Any recommendations or hints on what is causing these problems?

I don't think it's the NAS as I'm running a QNAP TS-1277 with 32GB of memory, over 60TB of HDD storage, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTV 1050 Ti card. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions to fix the problem.
Tom

Model: TS-1277-1700 FW: 4.5.2.x
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB Kit DDR4-2666
m.2 (SSD): 2 x WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD [RAID-1]
HDD: 6 x Seagate 10TB NAS [RAID-5]
2.5" SSD: 4 x Plextor 512GB [RAID-5]
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Dual fans
UPS: CyberPower AVR1350
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Keep Getting Frame Error in QVR Pro With Reolink

Post by AlastairStevenson »

TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
jgbluegreen
New here

Post by jgbluegreen »

/Users/jonathan/Downloads/att_ch01.jpg
jgbluegreen
New here

Post by jgbluegreen »

att_ch01.jpg
att_ch01.jpg
um this is the junk I get from Hikvision, ? not sure why I paid for 4k cameras to get emailed this junk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freway01
New here

Post by Freway01 »

AlastairStevenson,
I'm working with Reolink Support on my problems and have sent them a ton of screen shots of errors and configuration settings both in the Reolink cameras and QVR Pro. I thought that because I'm using WiFi connections (running an Orbi mesh network with great coverage) and they connect at 5G, it was a connection problem, but after seeing that users with wired connections are having the same issue.

Your link to the other post that mentions Reolinks 'firmware is well known for its proprietary flavour causing problems with 3rd party solutions', was passed to the Reolink tech's working on my problem. Sounds like it's their firmware that is causing the frame errors which in turn is causing the cameras to disconnect-reconnect to/from QVR Pro. Let's see how they respond.
Tom

Model: TS-1277-1700 FW: 4.5.2.x
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB Kit DDR4-2666
m.2 (SSD): 2 x WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB PC SSD [RAID-1]
HDD: 6 x Seagate 10TB NAS [RAID-5]
2.5" SSD: 4 x Plextor 512GB [RAID-5]
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Dual fans
UPS: CyberPower AVR1350
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

A few posts to check out about Reolink problems :
https://ipcamtalk.com/search/1697064/?q ... ems&o=date
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
RobHyde
Starting out

Post by RobHyde »

See my post here: [SOLVED] Frequent Pixelated (blocky, blotchy, green or pink squares or dropped frame) Images in QVR but not Reolink (viewtopic.php?f=187&t=160887). I was able to fix this by switching the camera to ONVIF Profile S and then switch the stream transport to UDP. I think switching to UDP was the main issue. Just be aware switching to UDP will cause you to lose sound for some reason with the Reolink Camera
mchilds83
New here

Post by mchilds83 »

Hi, I just wanted to update this thread with a new solution. I received a Reolink Beta firmware update last night from QNAP support. It includes many firmware updates, including for my camera models RLC-520A and RLC-820A. Once installed, my RLC-820A reports Firmware Version v3.0.0.570_21092918. The RLC-520A reports Firmware Version v3.0.0.570_21092917. With these firmware versions, it appears I can now run these cameras in QVR Pro as ONVIF ProfileS with in Auto (TCP) mode with no more graphical artifacts and with audio recording working. Up until this firmware, I was using the UDP solution. So far, the RLC-820A has performed perfectly. The RLC-520A had some occasional frozen frames which lasted for 15-20 seconds. This freezing issue was occurring with the previous firmware in TCP mode too. I do have both streams enabled and recording at max fps and bitrate though. I'll try dialing it back a bit and will be monitoring the systems over the next week. Also, a tip for those usuing UDP mode with no audio, if you export your video from the QVR Pro Client app for Android, you will receive your audio along with your video. It's just missing from the livestream and from the PC exports for some reason.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”