QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
RobHyde
Starting out

QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

Post by RobHyde »

craig20102010 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 am Hi, im new to Qnap and it was recommended to me by a friend due to the versatility of the little NAS. I currently own a TS-453a with 4GB of ram and two WD Red 4TB hard drives running in a Raid 3 configuration.

I bought two Reolink 422 cameras and one 420. I didnt need an as expensive camera in a certain area on my drive.

Currently im having all sorts troubles with them

The main one being playback using the new QVR-Pro client. It seems to make the videos all blotchy as if the graphics cant handle the resolution. Iv tried changing the resolution to 1080p and its still the same only on playback. Im also most sure this wasnt the case when i was using surveillance station though.

the problem i had with Surveillance station was it was constantly recording events even when it was just something stupid like a bush moving and it didnt seem to make a difference what the sensitivity was set to or the mapped area. At least with QVR-Pro i feel it does seem to listen to what sensitivity i set although im not sure if it understands what areas i have mapped out yet. Im yet to still run more tests with that.

Any ideas why my play back may be so blotchy? this blotchy playback is the same on all devices. The TV (connected via HDMI) PC, tablet, phone.

When i say blotchy i mean it flashes green and back to normal and then also it seems to pixellate larger moving items e.g. someone walking around on the camera. What i dont understand is im sure it never used to do this so why now? Is ram an issue? do i need more then 4GB?

Thanks Craig
Was this original problem ever resolved? I believe this was 3 years ago and I have a fresh install of qvr and reolink cameras doing the exact same thing. The only thing I could glean from the last posts were an update to qvr. Any help would be amazing thank you
OneCD
Guru

Re: QVR-Pro and Reolink 420 & 422 cameras

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=187&t=139313 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Surveillance Solution”