[SOLVED] Trick to adding ONVIF S or T Devices (Hikvision) to QVR Pro

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
RobHyde
Starting out

[SOLVED] Trick to adding ONVIF S or T Devices (Hikvision) to QVR Pro

Post by RobHyde »

I just bought a new Hikvision PCI-T15F2SL which supports ONVIF S and T profiles. It's NOT on the compatibility list (DS-2CD2386G2-IU isn't sold in America anymore for some reason so I bought this) but none of my other Hikvision cameras are connected using "Brand=Hikvision"; "Model=DS-2CD2386G2-IU" in Add Device anyway (all using ONVIF). I have had to add my DS-2CD2386G2-IU's by using "Brand=ONVIF" and "Model=ONVIF ProfileS Cameras" which works fine (I only get basic events) not the smart events. I was hoping I could add this PCI-T15F2SL in the same way. I HAVE enabled "Open Network Video Interface" and "Hikvision CGI".

ONVIF S or T is fine for me with this camera but for some reason I cannot get it to work like my DS-2CD2386G2-IU. I can however get it to connect via RTSP. Anyone have any tricks to get this to work as either Model=Hikvision; Model=xxxx or Make=ONVIF; Model=ONVIF ProfileS cameras etc.?

I am certain I must be missing some configuration on the Hikvision camera that will allow QVR to connect via ONVIF.
ONVIF.JPG
PCI-T15F2SL Ports.JPG
Thanks in advance for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RobHyde on Wed May 12, 2021 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Trick to adding ONVIF S or T Devices (Hikvision) to QVR Pro

Post by AlastairStevenson »

none of my other Hikvision cameras are connected using "Brand=Hikvision"; "Model=DS-2CD2386G2-IU" in Add Device anyway (all using ONVIF).
Have you tried adding as a similar Hikvision model and ignoring the 'informational' as opposed to 'fatal' Device Model Mismatch error?
Hikvision have a very consistent command and control protocol that means one camera model works just like another.

The various smart event types, which QVR Pro now supports, are such a big improvement over classic motion detection in reducing unwanted notifications.
With an ONVIF connection you're seriously dumbing down the surveillance capabilities of the system.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
RobHyde
Starting out

Post by RobHyde »

Yes, agreed QVR missing the smart features **. I am still using them and linking them to push and emails so I still get what I need. I have tried a couple of similar models to no avail, I will see if I can try some more (most in the list are unavailable to buy and therefore compare stats to). Are there a few other configs that need to be set on the camera to allow QVR to talk to it properly?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Are there a few other configs that need to be set on the camera to allow QVR to talk to it properly?
Nothing in particular - just the normal IP address, port, admin credentials and model.

As a test I just connected a DS-2CD3386FWDV2-IS as a DS-2CD2385G1 and it connected OK as a Hikvision model, created a couple of event rules for line crossing detection and intrusion detection.
There were no model mismatch complaints.
The smart events showed in the QVR Pro event logs.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
RobHyde
Starting out

Post by RobHyde »

I was able to get the "PCI-T15F2SL" to work under the model "DS-2CD2146G2" when I matched all the streaming options. The basic alerts show up (red versus blue in recording) and I can SEE the smart events (Line Cross) but QVR doesn't allow me to select the camera for them (see below). Either way I am much better off than I was before. At least I can see the basic events. If someone knows how to fix this issue I am all ears. Thanks a ton for the help.

BASIC EVENT LETS ME SELECT THE CAMERA
MotionDetection.JPG
LINE CROSS DOESN'T LET ME SELECT IT (NO CAMERA TO SELECT)
LineCross.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

It looks like the QNAP model for DS-2CD2146G2 doesn't include line crossing and intrusion detection.
When you include those as search criteria in the QVR Pro camera compatibility list, it doesn't appear.
https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/compatibilit ... ction=true
Maybe pick another camera model where those capbilities are implemented and they should be available for selection.
RobHyde
Starting out

Post by RobHyde »

[SOLVED] After two days of trying different "Like" cameras (in QVR Pro) from Hikvision this is what I came up with.
1) [Video Configuration] You need to make sure the Video configuration (Resolution, Bitrate, Encoding etc) matches whatever you choose in QVR (this was pretty self explanatory but I thought I would post anyway)
2) [Audio] No matter what camera I chose it seems like QVR Pro would change my Hikvision value for the audio back to G.711ulaw. This would cause the audio to become very choppy especially when there was a car driving by. See ONVIF and AAC later.
3) [Motion Detection] Even though some cameras would work to record they would get an error as soon as I created a motion detection rule.
4) [Smart Events] Even if I chose cameras that had "Line Crossing" in the compatibility list none of them actually gave my DS-2CD2087G2-L or PCI-T15F2SL the ability to chose line crossing in the Event Rules.

5) [ONVIF] Once I turned ONVIF on .... And set up a user in Hikvision I was able to get the ONVIF Profile S to work with whatever video and audio configuration I wanted. The key here is I was able to use AAC which magically fixed all my audio issues. Not only did I not get choppy audio but I hear the smallest details even better.

So long story short I ended up going back to ONVIF for these cameras and am very happy. Yes I am missing the Red Markers and Event notifications (For Smart Events but not Basic Events) in QVR Pro but my solution has always been to have Hikvision Email / Text me when a smart event has been triggered anyway.

[SOLUTION]
- Ensure you have NETWORK >> ADVANCED SETTINGS >> "Entegration Protocol" >> "Enable Open Network Video Interface" checked
- Ensure you have NETWORK >> ADVANCED SETTINGS >> "Entegration Protocol" >> Add >> Add the account you are going to use in QVR for adding the Camera, it's not going to allow you to use the account you log on to the Hikvision Camera home page with.
- Ensure you have SYSTEM >> SECURITY >> WEB Authentication >> MD5 (QVR doesn't appear to support SHA256
- If you wish you can disable the older TLS 1.1 in NETWORK >> ADVANCED >> Network Service >> Disable TLS 1.1
[UPDATE] Funny thing I blew away my version of QVR and started over again with an import of my cameras and I could not get a valid test. I had to then go back to the cameras and "Enable Hikvision-CGI" with Digest/Basic, Enable TLS 1.1, WebSocket and WebSockets, then reboot before I got a valid test and was able to configure the camera through QVR. Once it tested valid and it showed up okay I was able to then backout the "Enable Hikvision-CGI, TLS 1.1, Websock(s). Go figure I guess these settings are required for the initial setup / configuration of the cameras.
ONVIF.JPG
- Finally when you add the camera into QVR Pro make sure you use the HTTP Port (80) as some cameras (Reolink) require you to use the Server Port (8000)
ONVIF Add.JPG
nitromax
Starting out

Post by nitromax »

RobHyde wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:10 am [SOLVED] After two days of trying different "Like" cameras (in QVR Pro) from Hikvision this is what I came up with.
1) [Video Configuration] You need to make sure the Video configuration (Resolution, Bitrate, Encoding etc) matches whatever you choose in QVR (this was pretty self explanatory but I thought I would post anyway)
2) [Audio] No matter what camera I chose it seems like QVR Pro would change my Hikvision value for the audio back to G.711ulaw. This would cause the audio to become very choppy especially when there was a car driving by. See ONVIF and AAC later.
3) [Motion Detection] Even though some cameras would work to record they would get an error as soon as I created a motion detection rule.
4) [Smart Events] Even if I chose cameras that had "Line Crossing" in the compatibility list none of them actually gave my DS-2CD2087G2-L or PCI-T15F2SL the ability to chose line crossing in the Event Rules.

5) [ONVIF] Once I turned ONVIF on .... And set up a user in Hikvision I was able to get the ONVIF Profile S to work with whatever video and audio configuration I wanted. The key here is I was able to use AAC which magically fixed all my audio issues. Not only did I not get choppy audio but I hear the smallest details even better.

So long story short I ended up going back to ONVIF for these cameras and am very happy. Yes I am missing the Red Markers and Event notifications (For Smart Events but not Basic Events) in QVR Pro but my solution has always been to have Hikvision Email / Text me when a smart event has been triggered anyway.

[SOLUTION]
- Ensure you have NETWORK >> ADVANCED SETTINGS >> "Entegration Protocol" >> "Enable Open Network Video Interface" checked
- Ensure you have NETWORK >> ADVANCED SETTINGS >> "Entegration Protocol" >> Add >> Add the account you are going to use in QVR for adding the Camera, it's not going to allow you to use the account you log on to the Hikvision Camera home page with.
- Ensure you have SYSTEM >> SECURITY >> WEB Authentication >> MD5 (QVR doesn't appear to support SHA256
- If you wish you can disable the older TLS 1.1 in NETWORK >> ADVANCED >> Network Service >> Disable TLS 1.1
[UPDATE] Funny thing I blew away my version of QVR and started over again with an import of my cameras and I could not get a valid test. I had to then go back to the cameras and "Enable Hikvision-CGI" with Digest/Basic, Enable TLS 1.1, WebSocket and WebSockets, then reboot before I got a valid test and was able to configure the camera through QVR. Once it tested valid and it showed up okay I was able to then backout the "Enable Hikvision-CGI, TLS 1.1, Websock(s). Go figure I guess these settings are required for the initial setup / configuration of the cameras.

ONVIF.JPG
- Finally when you add the camera into QVR Pro make sure you use the HTTP Port (80) as some cameras (Reolink) require you to use the Server Port (8000)
ONVIF Add.JPG

Hello

I followed your instruction but I can not get it to work.

I have been using Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2 on QVR Pro 2.1 with no issued at all, set-up as Brand: Hikvision Model: DS-2CD2386G2. everything was working fine.

Then I upgraded my Surveillance hard drive and I updated the camera firmware to 5.5.160_210416. Set up camera as before. but now when I get motion detection my audio is choppy and the footage freezers for a few seconds.

So downgraded the firmware back to V5.5.131 build 200220, still same problem.

Tried different firmware for this camera but still the same problem. I noticed that when I change the the audio it goes back to G.711ulaw, does not matter which one I choose.

I followed your instruction above. But I do not see this "Ensure you have SYSTEM >> SECURITY >> WEB Authentication >> MD5 (QVR doesn't appear to support SHA256" mine shows as Digest not MD5.

I can get the cameras to work over RTSP but want them to work on ONVIF.

can you help and let me know which firmware you are using and what setting you got to get this to work.

I have downloaded ONVIF device manager which see my camera, but shows "The device is locked because of entering wrong user/password many times. Please try it after 30 minutes," which I have tried but don't seem to work.

Just can not figure this out.

Thanks.
Model: TVS-951X Intel Celeron 7th Generation Dual Core 1.8GHz FW: 4.5.1.1540
Disks: [Single]
1 x Crutial MX500 500GB SSD (Operation system)
1 x WD RED 4TB (media)
1 x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB Nas (Media)
1 x 4tb WD Blue SSD (Phone media back up)
2 x WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Drive (Raid0)
1 x Crucial 1TB SSD (Raid 5 Cache acceleration for CCTV Drives (WD Purple)

Return to “Surveillance Solution”