QVR - super slow or unresponsive playback of recordings

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
drabina
Starting out

QVR - super slow or unresponsive playback of recordings

Post by drabina »

I have the TS-231P NAS box with only one camera attached to it. Besides the Surveillance Station, the NAS box is only used for file storage and rarely accessed. When I login to the Surveillance Station and click on the Playback button, I am redirected to QVR where I can access my recordings. That's where the things slow down to an unusable state. Switching days for recordings take good 10-15 seconds, moving the cursor on the recorded timeline works only for the first playback (I can't move it once the playback starts) the 1x playback when changed to i.e. 2x, doesn't work as it supposed. It just skips about 10-15 seconds every few seconds vs just playing faster. Overall the system is super slow and it is almost impossible to find a recorded action.

I know that my NAS box is on the lower end with a slower processor but the box is used only for 1 camera. The stored files are not being accessed. Is there something I am missing with my configuration or an upgrade to a better box will give me better user experience?

TS-231P
QTS 4.5.3.1670
RAID1 (2x2TB drives)
direct Ethernet connection to my network
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVR - super slow or unresponsive playback of recordings

Post by spile »

This was the behaviour I found before the recent update was patched by another update a few days later. I would recommend opening a call.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”