SS not recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
cdonner
Starting out

SS not recording

Post by cdonner »

I have a TS-459U with the latest available firmware (4.2.6, Surveillance Station 5.1.5.33), 4x6TB disks in a Raid 5 array, and with over 4TB free space.
SS has been running for years with 3 cameras (one extra license) and no issues. Recordings were there when I needed them.
About a month ago I noticed that none of the cameras was recording and the recordings folder was empty, even though the configuration had not changed. I tried to get them going but ended up reinstalling SS and reconfiguring my cameras. Then it worked again, at least for a few days, because I kept checking initially.
Now I am back in that state. All 3 cameras alternate between a green checkmark on the overview page and a thumbnail image, but the status is "idle", and there are no recordings. When I click on "Test" in the camera configuration, I get an image. Recording is enabled and schedules are set 24x7. Video settings match the camera settings.
In monitor view, the cameras appear disconnected.
The cameras are 2 Amcrest IP8M-2496EW (selected IP8M-2496E in SS) and one Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I (selected DS-2CD2332).
I have a similar setup in the office with a TS-569U. It is also on the latest firmware, but that version is 4.3.4.1652, and SS is a newer version as well (5.1.5.4.3). It has one camera - the same model HikVision, and is recording fine.
I cannot keep reinstalling SS - setting up 3 cameras is a bit of work. What else could I try? Or is this the end of life for my TS-459U?
cdonner
Starting out

Re: SS not recording

Post by cdonner »

Rebooting, stopping and starting SS did not help. I once again uninstalled and reinstalled SS and it is recording again. I removed one of the three cameras, just to see if that will make it stable going forward. I am not in a good place with this.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”