When does Survelliance Station stop recording after an alarm?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
marioqn
Starting out

When does Survelliance Station stop recording after an alarm?

Post by marioqn »

I just bought me an IP camera - a TP-Link Tapo C200 - setup went smooth, recording got triggered by an alarm. Great.
Now I deactivated the alarm on my camera (I put it on "home" mode) but the AVI file in the temporary recordings folders .record_nvr_tmp\channel1 and .record_nvr_pre\channel1\D keep growing - almost an hour right now...
Any ideas when the recording will stop? Because in Survelliance Station settings I see nothing related to recording length (or I'm blind)... Or the fact that I got the camera out of "away" mode while recording got it confused? Is there some significant log I should share?

Edit: in the Surveillance Station console the camera is shown as "not recording" so I'm confused - I see the AVI growing. Will a record of the alarm moment will ever get out of the temporary folder? Or I have wrong expectations how the setup will function?

Edit 2: the recorded movie in temp is 5 minutes in sliding window. Now it's just recording nonsense while the alarm moment was already overwritten. That's a bit useless I'd say. Any way to have the 5 minutes of the alarm time saved somewhere?
Qnap TS-253D
QTS 5.0.0 build 2055
2x Seagate Exos 6Tb
RAID 1
Camera TP-Link Tapo C200
marioqn
Starting out

Re: When does Survelliance Station stop recording after an alarm?

Post by marioqn »

Ok correcting myself again: SS totally ignores the alarms and always records a sliding window of 5 minutes. Did anybody manage to actually use Surveillance Station or it's just a useless piece of software (for some reasons still updated)? Because I see older threads complaining about the exact same thing...
Qnap TS-253D
QTS 5.0.0 build 2055
2x Seagate Exos 6Tb
RAID 1
Camera TP-Link Tapo C200
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Try to switch to QVR...SS is phased out now
marioqn
Starting out

Post by marioqn »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:14 pm Try to switch to QVR...SS is phased out now
Thank you! It would have been good to see this info somewhere before I started the fun - would have saved time and frustration :)
Qnap TS-253D
QTS 5.0.0 build 2055
2x Seagate Exos 6Tb
RAID 1
Camera TP-Link Tapo C200
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

QNAP did announce this a couple of weeks ago, and it's fate was clear ever since QVR was released

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/news/2021/qn ... ce-station
marioqn
Starting out

Post by marioqn »

Yes, I mean seen somewhere in Qnap itself - like when installing SS or such. Honestly I never thought to browse the newsletter of the provider before using something...

Anyway, I have exactly the same problem with QVR: regular recording works, event recording does nothing. It's driving me crazy.
(plus QVR has some funny ideas about files ownership and rights, but that's another and way less important story)
Qnap TS-253D
QTS 5.0.0 build 2055
2x Seagate Exos 6Tb
RAID 1
Camera TP-Link Tapo C200
marioqn
Starting out

Post by marioqn »

Okay I take it back. After trying 908787614 combinations and removing and readding the camera and rules and events and whatnot a few times I got it working. Yay, thank you!
Still, straightforward is the entire process definitely NOT :(
Qnap TS-253D
QTS 5.0.0 build 2055
2x Seagate Exos 6Tb
RAID 1
Camera TP-Link Tapo C200

Return to “Surveillance Solution”