Frustrating Customer service, anyone with a better link?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
stuartturrell
Getting the hang of things

Frustrating Customer service, anyone with a better link?

Post by stuartturrell »

Since the last major update in QVR Pro, i've had about 8 of my Kingcam ONVIF cameras refuse to connect to QVR Pro.
I've left it a good month or so before doing anything about it, in case an update fixed the issue.
Nothing has come.
I've tried rasing a support ticket but the response i'm getting is REALLY frustrating the hell out of me.
I'm getting the response of "If its not on our support list, go buy different cameras".
Direct quote is
If the cameras are not on the compatibility list then they are not compatible and not supported, please replace the camera's with compatible cameras from the list, thanks.
- Matt Webster, QNap systems.

These cameras have been working for as long as i have had QVR Pro, 2 or so. They are onvif compatiable cameras.
I dont feel it is a viable solution to replace 8 cameras that used to work until an update broke them. Who's to say this won't happen again on the lot of ONVIF compatiable cameras i get!?

THis happened a year or so back, but support got them working again.

ANyone know a way of escalating this, around the guys at the support ticket office and getting direct to the QVR Pro guys, who were fantastic last time.
Cheers
Stuart
spile
Been there, done that

Re: Frustrating Customer service, anyone with a better link?

Post by spile »

That is not good and I understand your frustration. Luckily my two Amcrest cameras are still functioning fine with QVRPro. If you are saying the cameras worked before a QVRPro upgrade then go back to support. An alternative route could be to change the firmware on your cameras.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Check the firmware page on the camera vendor site and ask them for advice. Normally I would use the latest firmware but ymmv.
lbjoernk
New here

Post by lbjoernk »

For unsupported cameras, as long as you can get a RTSP URL, you shoul dbe able to add them to QVR. Try using an ONVIF discovery app to find the precise RTSP urls for your cameras, and then add them as "generic RTSP" using the discovered URL in QVR Pro.
stuartturrell
Getting the hang of things

Post by stuartturrell »

Got an update this morning.
I put another request in asking for a plugin to allow more cameras to connect, explaining my cameras used to work pre 2.1.0.0.

Actually got a decent reply and was asked to download and install a beta version of qnap 2.1.0.0.
You know what, they all work again. Its great when you get through to someone who know's what they are talking about.
There is a known bug in 2.1.0.0 that affect some ONVIF cameras, so if anyone is having issues, i suspect an up to date version of qvrpro will be out soon.
Smouser
New here

Post by Smouser »

stuartturrell wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 pm Since the last major update in QVR Pro, i've had about 8 of my Kingcam ONVIF cameras refuse to connect to QVR Pro.
I've left it a good month or so before doing anything about it, in case an update fixed the issue.
Nothing has come.
I've tried rasing a support ticket but the response i'm getting is REALLY frustrating the ** out of me.
I'm getting the response of "If its not on our support list, go buy different cameras".
Direct quote is
If the cameras are not on the compatibility list then they are not compatible and not supported, please replace the camera's with compatible cameras from the list, thanks.
- Matt Webster, QNap systems.

These cameras have been working for as long as i have had QVR Pro, 2 or so. They are onvif compatiable cameras.
I dont feel it is a viable solution to replace 8 cameras that used to work until an update broke them. Who's to say this won't happen again on the lot of ONVIF compatiable cameras i get!?

THis happened a year or so back, but support got them working again.

ANyone know a way of escalating this, around the guys at the support ticket office and getting direct to the QVR Pro guys, who were fantastic last time.
Cheers
Stuart
Matt Webster = POOR support.

I asked for some camera integration through QNAP support and my ticket got assigned to Jacky Chen. He contacted the camera integration team and after I made my cameras available remotely the camera integration team integrated my cameras.

I then got another camera that was not on the support list and contacted QNAP support again. Unfortunately, my ticket landed with Matt Webster. Matt Webster took the same approach with me as with you basically saying if it is not on the supported list it is not on the supported list and he closed the ticket.
I reopened a new ticket and got through to another agent and now the camera is in the process of getting integrated after I made it available to them remotely.

TLTR: If Matt Webster gets your ticket, close it and reopen a new one and hope he does not get your ticket again.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”