frequent disconnections with compatible Foscam cameras to my QS

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
auato
New here

frequent disconnections with compatible Foscam cameras to my QS

Post by auato »

I experiencing a lot of disconnectivity between wireless ipcameras and NAS a lot of times is maing this survillance system really unrailable for my purposis. I currently didn't realize what 's my fault. All four cameras are Foscam branded and decalred compatible, they are connected by WiFi to the NAS in a shor range os space though a domestic simple rounter/AP. Sometimes, when the issue occurs, I try to restart the entire NAS and I wiill notice that, afterward, all cameras are resumed but, in other cases, I need to turn-off and turn-on the cames power supply, which feeds the cameras. After this swith-off-switch/on I am able to see correctly all my camera for a while ( i mean from 1 to 7 days).

Where can I seriusly investigate this issue ?

Thank you
dolbyman
Guru

Re: frequent disconnections with compatible Foscam cameras to my QS

Post by dolbyman »

Do a constant ping on your cams, if latency is very high or times out, it's the wifi at fault.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: frequent disconnections with compatible Foscam cameras to my QS

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I experiencing a lot of disconnectivity between wireless ipcameras and NAS a lot of times is maing this survillance system really unrailable for my purposis.
It's generally accepted that connecting IP cameras by WiFi can lead to unreliable and variable connectivity even with a strong signal.
If you are able to - try temporarily connecting one or more of the cameras with an ethernet cable and you'll likely observe that the connection becomes stable.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”