Vmobile 50 second delay to start live stream

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Loulli
New here

Vmobile 50 second delay to start live stream

Post by Loulli »

Since a recent update of QTS the Vmobile app takes approximately 50 seconds to start the live stream of a camera on my iOS devices. Playback works as expected, but live streaming is an issue independant if SSL is used or not for the server connection.
Restarting the NAS and reinstalling Vmobile didn't help. The only things that helps a little bit is to edit the server settings in the app and then to go to the live stream.

Surveillance Station: v5.2.0.4.5
Vmobile: v3.6.0
QTS Firmware: v5.0.1.2277
iOS: v16.1.1
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Vmobile 50 second delay to start live stream

Post by dolbyman »

As VMStation is not running in a container..first and foremost ..get your NAS out of the web (Malware galore!) htts/SSL does *zilch* here to protect your NAS from attacks

Then setup a VPN on your router(etc..no it does not cost anything) and test the connection again via the VPN connection
Loulli
New here

Post by Loulli »

Ok, maybe I should have specified that my iOS devices and the NAS are in the same LAN. I don't access the NAS from the web except via VPN and yes my firewall is closed inbound and outbound for the NAS. Still I don't see the relation to my problem.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Open a ticket with QNAP then.

As it is deprecated, you might not like the answer.
Loulli
New here

Post by Loulli »

I helped myself by just downgrading the Surveillance Station app on the NAS from v5.2.0.4.5 to v5.2.0.4.4 and the problem was gone. You can find the downgrade here and install it manually afterwards: https://www.qnap.com/en-us/app_center/? ... ce+station

Return to “Surveillance Solution”