Playback - Windows 7 IE8

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
hansjor
Starting out

Playback - Windows 7 IE8

Post by hansjor »

Could anyone please advice how to install the necessary activeX elements required for playback in a windows 7 IE8 32 bit installation. I have tryed a lot of combination whitout any luck.

Pleas help
Kind regards
Hans
schumaku
Guru

Re: Playback - Windows 7 IE8

Post by schumaku »

Hallo Hans,

All ActiveX elements not available on the Windows system or requiring an update are pushed from the NAS while accessing the Surveillance Station Live View and Playback.

Do you have any restrictive security policies configured on your Windows system (i.e. blocking Active X installation or execution requests), or is there a 3rd party security package installed prohibiting ActiveX operations?

-Kurt.
hansjor
Starting out

Post by hansjor »

Hej Kurt.

Thanks for your reply. Thats right - activex elements are pushed from my Qnap 219p - but the element QvivoTek.ax will not install. I have set security in IE8 to the lowest possible - still not being installed.
I have tryed to run IE8 as administrator and the lowest security settings in IE8 - still no go.

I have been reading the forum and others have the same problem but I cannot find any solutions.

Kind regards
Hans
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Ah, just spotted something similar - an error message while installing (updating) QvivoTek.ax ?
QVivoTek.ax.PNG
After that, the system asked again for the installation of QNAPVivoTek.cab - which succeeded the second time. Need to do some more testing 2morrow, and inform QNAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hansjor
Starting out

Post by hansjor »

Hej again.

Exact the same problem - but I never succed in installing.

Hans
parlos
New here

Post by parlos »

I have exactly the same problem but with WinXP and IE7 ... I guess the only IE supported is IE6, because on my laptop I have that combination and it works... very disapointing.
Reneetje
First post

Post by Reneetje »

Maybe, ...and I say maybe, it has something todo with your default documentsfolder. My document folder is on the NAS, so not on the local HD. Not with S.S. (I don't use it yet), but with other software I had similar problems until I changed my default save-folder to the local HD. Worth to try...

Return to “Surveillance Solution”