Help choosing a camera

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
scottdavidcarter
Getting the hang of things

Re: Help choosing a camera

Post by scottdavidcarter »

The 2332 sounds ok. It sure looks different in that it doesn't have the ring of LEDs. Does it have firmware issues like the 2032 where you can get English or multi-language versions??
Two each QNAP TS-251 with 8GB (Firmware 5.0.1.2277)
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

The turret models have the 'EXIR IR' which is more powerful, longer range and more uniform than the traditional ring of IR LEDs. A superior solution.
The firmware is common to all the R0 models, 2032, 2132, 2232, 2332, 2432 etc.
There are traps and pitfalls associated with Hikvision's attempts at region locking in the firmware, to try to block the sales of low-cost Chinese-region cameras outside of China.
The resellers install modified firmware that make the camera manifest as English. That's fine until you upgrade the firmware, at which point the menus revert to Chinese and a Hikvision NVR will reject the camera with a 'language mismatch' error.
But that does not affect Surveillance Station connecting to the camera.
Many hundreds of posts on that topic at ipcamtalk.com
Problems and solutions.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
scottdavidcarter

I'm waiting on Helpdesk right now to dive in via TeamViewer and it looks like it might be a no show... Not happy about that.

So if this goes to me dumping my Dahuas are you saying that to preserve the ability to upgrade the camera firmware that I should NOT get the ones that say English Version (which cost a little more)? Go with the ones that say multi-language (which are a little cheaper)? I'm probably going to order them tonite.
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

The ones that say 'English version' are usually firmware upgradeable, and are more expensive.
Generally, the ones that say 'Multi-language' are Chinese region running modified firmware to make them appear as English, and upgrading reverts to Chinese region.
You just need to look carefully at the product description - whether it be Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress etc - if it says upgradeable, that is good. If it says 'don't update the firmware' - it's your choice.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
scottdavidcarter

My 2332 came today and I cannot seem to figure out the activation. It seems the usual password I hear is 12345 (only 5 characters) and the iVMS-4200 program activation window wants 8 characters and 12345678 aint it. Now what??? I've googled and searched and am kinda feeling sick and stupid and wondering why me....
scottdavidcarter

And after many tries it finally worked and allowed me in to alter things like the IP address. So I am on the road now to test the alarm recording issue that the Dahua did to me... More later today!
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

My 2332 came today and I cannot seem to figure out the activation.
The firmware after 5.3.0 I think it was, no longer has a default password.
Instead, the device requires 'Activation' where you are forced to create a strong password.
A very good tool for working with these camera is SADP (V3.x as the V2 that would come on the CD doesn't know about Activation)
It will find the cameras and allow network configuration and activation even on a different subnet.
Download here http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html
Also worth a look may be the 'Batch Configuration Tool' at the same link,
It will do detailed configuration, in English, even of a camera with Chinese menus, without the need to install webcomponents.
But you still need webcomponents (IE11, not Edge, not Chrome) for Live View, Playback and configuration via the camera web GUI.
scottdavidcarter

Thanks for that. I'm fooling with QVR and a slow machine; exporting the alarm and regular video to test the motion events to be sure there is no freezes. Looks good so far! I'm going to mount the one cam later and let it run for a while. Then I'm gonna order 2 more cams!!!
BigTrav
New here

Post by BigTrav »

Might as well add my query to this thread,
Im looking at aleast two cameras on my home network, possibly more but I'm not sure about the camera channel licence deal..
Basically there are several features I'm looking for.
1, Motion activated recording
2, Tilt, Pan, Zoom
3, HD quality Day/Night
4, Dome style
5, POE
6, Auto tracking would be great..

Im currently looking at these two models, but would love to hear your opinion if you can suggest something better...
Dahua DH-SD29204T-GN
Dahua SD22204T-GN

My NAS 419P II offers two channels for free, I'm ok with paying the $60/channel extra, but is this an annual fee?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

I'm ok with paying the $60/channel extra, but is this an annual fee?
No, this is a one-off fee only.
BigTrav
New here

Post by BigTrav »

AlastairStevenson wrote:
I'm ok with paying the $60/channel extra, but is this an annual fee?
No, this is a one-off fee only.
Cheers for clarifying
light875
New here

Post by light875 »

Firstly apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but the question is relevant I hope.

AlastairStevenson, you recommended the HikVision ds-2cd2332-i in a previous reply but I cant find that on AliExpress now, only a 2335. It seems to suggest that this replaces the 2332, but is not listed in the compatibility list. Do you know if it should work etc.?

Secondly you also recommended the HikVision DS-2CD2132 for front door use, but again i cant find this on AliExpress. when i search for it the Dahua IPC-HDBW1320E comes up and seems to be an equivalent model. Do you know if this is correct

Both units will be connected to my TS-410 running Surveillance Station if compatible.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Yes, the Hikvision 'R0' series, the DS-2CD2x32-I 3MP cameras have largely been replaced by the R6 series DS-2CD2x42FWD 4MP cameras, which are quite different internally.
The 2x35/3x35 are, strictly, China market only cameras, with faster processors but similar sensors.
Even if not on the QNAP compatibility list, as Hikvision have a pretty uniform 'command and control' interface, even a similar model should work OK, if you ignore the 'model mismatch'.
There would be no great loss to connect them as an ONVIF model, as Surveillance Station does not support 'smart event' notifications even as a native model, just plain old motion detection.
light875
New here

Post by light875 »

AlastairStevenson wrote:Yes, the Hikvision 'R0' series, the DS-2CD2x32-I 3MP cameras have largely been replaced by the R6 series DS-2CD2x42FWD 4MP cameras, which are quite different internally.
The 2x35/3x35 are, strictly, China market only cameras, with faster processors but similar sensors.
Even if not on the QNAP compatibility list, as Hikvision have a pretty uniform 'command and control' interface, even a similar model should work OK, if you ignore the 'model mismatch'.
There would be no great loss to connect them as an ONVIF model, as Surveillance Station does not support 'smart event' notifications even as a native model, just plain old motion detection.
Great info thank you.

Do you have any comments on using a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320E instead of the DS-2CD2132?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Do you have any comments on using a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320E instead of the DS-2CD2132?
I'm sorry, but I have no experience with those Dahua cameras.
But if you pop over here, I'm sure you will find someone who has : https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/dahua.8/

Return to “Surveillance Solution”