Onvif 2.0 Camera Not Working (IPCC-B10)

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
kreci
New here

Onvif 2.0 Camera Not Working (IPCC-B10)

Post by kreci »

Hello, I can not setup an onvif compatible camera. It is working with all other ONVIF compilant software but not with SS Pro. There was a thread that mentioned this camera model (http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=88993), but it looks that I have other firmware that is not supported.

All I get is a preview still on the camera status and "connecting" status. When I use "test" button it says it can not access RTSP stream.

Working RTSP url for my camera is:
rtsp://192.168.1.168:80/ch0_0.264

So I set both "PORT" fields to 80 without success.
Just a suggestion to developers - it would be great if there would be an option for providing RTSP URL!

I have tried all devices listed on ONVIF category. Nothing seems to work. Hope anybody can help.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Onvif 2.0 Camera Not Working (IPCC-B10)

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Just a suggestion to developers - it would be great if there would be an option for providing RTSP URL!
I quite agree. I've trawled through many camera manuals that omit info that the user needs.
For items such as the RTSP streams paths, and the ONVIF port, I've found that 'ONVIF Device Manager' (a Windows open-source tool on sourceforge.net) has been quite valuable.
It also exposes the level of ONVIF support in a camera, including whether and how event subscriptions (eg for motion detection) are provided, if at all.

I also have an IPCC-B10 camera. It works OK under SS Pro 3.0.3 for normal recording, not yet for motion detection recording.
But you do need to know both the ONVIF port and the RTSP port as part of the configuration.
SS Pro doesn't seem to be using network discovery and ONVIF query to determine these - they are manually configured. Maybe SS Pro V5 will have enhancements here.
But my IPCC-B10 seems different from yours. The RTSP stream you've quoted seems more like that on an Amovision camera.
How have you successfully used the stream path:
Working RTSP url for my camera is:
rtsp://192.168.1.168:80/ch0_0.264
For H.264 720p stream, I have RTSP://<camera IP>:554/11 as confirmed using VLC media player (another useful program). I'm wondering what level of firmware you have in the camera.

Here is the SS Pro camera config, using ONVIF/ONVIF ProfileS camera choice:
SSPro_2.jpg
And here is the camera firmware level:
Device Info
Camera Name: IPCAM
Serial Number: VVVIPC1311143300-6DcurHa9zkHQONN
Hard Ver: 3300-ov9712
Software Ver: V2.0.6.15-M20-Build:20131129T
I did get updated firmware from the manufacturer - but it was small bugfixes, rather than ONVIF events implementation, which I'm hoping will come soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
kreci
New here

Post by kreci »

Hello, thank you for your reply. The stream I provided is from "ONVIF Device Manager". It is working there and in VLC without any problems. Unfortunately SS Pro 3.0.3 do not see it. Here is config I have set now (not working - as described in first post).
Surveillance_Station_Pro.png
And my camera info is:
Device Name: ip-camera
Device Model: IPC
Hardware Version: 1.2.0.
Software Version: 1.2.2.56112101B12
Release Time: 2014/02/26 16:16:22
Alarm Number: 0
SD Number: 0
Could you provide me your firmware?

One more thing. My camera is branded as "Vanxse" model "V-B811". But it looks same "IPCC-B10" and has exact same specifications. Looks that the firmware is not the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

There are various Chinese CCTV cameras that share the same external casing.
For example, the IPCC-B10 looks the same as several of the Amovision models, and also your Vanxse model.
That doesn't mean to say the internals are the same. There is a strong risk that flashing firmware from another model may yield a broken camera.

On why the camera isn't working with SS Pro -
You have confirmed that the RTSP video stream works OK using VLC.
And you know the ONVIF port of 80 is correct from the URI shown in the 'Identification' screen in ONVIF Device Manager? It's important to SS Pro working that this is correct.

I'd speculate therefore that there may be a problem with the ONVIF implementation in the camera, such that SS Pro isn't able to successfully query the camera about how to initiate the video stream.
SS Pro uses the ONVIF dialogue to query the camera about capabilities and settings before using that information to initiate the video stream.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
kreci
New here

Post by kreci »

I found the problem! It looks that SS Pro do not recognize RTSP on port like 80 (not sure if it needs higher port???). I had to change my default camera port to 5555 (WWW port as I can change only it and it has switched RTSP as well). Then I set both on SS Pro (PORT and RTSP PORT to 5555). And VOILA! It works now!

Unfortunately "Recording settings" are still not working... But I can adjust those in camera.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Well done! You may have found a limitation is SS Pro when both RTSP and web admin ports are both 80. A pity the camera does not allow changing of the RTSP port independently.
On SS Pro hanging when clicking 'Recording settings' under ONVIF - I see this as well, as have multiple other users posting to this forum.
I'm hoping SS Pro V5 - expected end of April - will fix this problem.
How is your video quality? I see the camera is on sale at quite a low price ...
kreci
New here

Post by kreci »

AlastairStevenson wrote:How is your video quality? I see the camera is on sale at quite a low price ...
The quality is excellent. I have set it to 720P and you may really see it is a HD quality and with great colors. I have bought it on eBay and I see it is still on sale now for $48.30 with free shipping (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111245655784?ss ... 1423.l2649). Moreover it has really great night vision. I may see everything in about 25M in front of my house in almost complete dark (my old camera showed black screen). Unfortunately firmware is really bad quality. Most of functions directly on web panel is not working the way it is supposed to. But the streams and most essential settings are ok.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

I believe that may be a Sinocam camera, either this or the next model:
Do the admin screens look the same as in the advert?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 61916.html

For a small effort it might be worth trying to contact the manufacturer to see if they have / would supply updated firmware. If it's a bit rough it may still be developing at a reasonable rate.
http://www.szsinocam.com/ecp_view.asp?id=488
You might get lucky.
kreci
New here

Post by kreci »

AlastairStevenson wrote:I believe that may be a Sinocam camera...
Unfortunately it does not look to be Sinocam. All I have found for Vanxse is some Alibaba account (and already emailed them - no reply). It have completly other interface.

Here is a snapshot to show image quality from QNAP recording (and first intruder that has been caught already... :lol: )
snapshot20140423091428.jpg
And here is my web admin panel (hope someone recognize it):
panel.jpg
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

That's very impressive image detail, even of the bird in flight, from such a low-cost camera.
And such a neat and tidy driveway ....
hendrik6073
New here

Post by hendrik6073 »

hi,

I read this topic with lot of interrest. I also have the Vanxse camera. It gives me great images, that's the good part. I use Motion Surveilance Software on Raspberry Pi for my home surveilance.
I cannot get this camera working, maybe somebody has a tip. Motion can normally connect to a single jpg or streaming jpg. Normally no problem, but he won't connect to this cam. I can get snapshot in my browser by http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/snapshot.jpg, motion can't connect........ why ???
i tryed to dump the stream http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/view.cgi or rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ch0_0.264 to single jpg file that gets overwritten all the time. That should work, but i am not succesfull doing this. I tryed avconv, ffmpeg, vlc, etc etc. I am not experienced with Linux maybe i make a mistake. Only can get lot's of jpg's (1 per frame). I also have the firmware 1.2.2.56112101b12, that might be the problem, i am also not able to set the timezone, devicename etc.

Also looked into Zoneminder, this might recognise this cam, but this is a to heavy software for my RasPi

good advice is welcome !
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Onvif 2.0 Camera Not Working (Actually not the IPCC-B10)

Is this the software you are using on your pi?
http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/ ... ileOptions

Do I understand that you are NOT able to see streaming video from your camera on VLC?

I'm guessing a bit here -
It looks like Motion does not support H.264 as the video codec. The camera stream x/ch0_0.264 is an H.264 stream. You presumably need to use an mpeg4 stream - if the camera supports it. I suspect the camera is more likely to support mjpeg or H.264 so may not be compatible with Motion, unless you know differently.

Either way - the config file for Motion needs a great many parameters, many of which can be left at default.
But you will need to know exactly how to command the video stream so the needed parameters can be set in Motion.
If I was doing this, I'd first use VLC to experiment with connecting to the camera until I had a working video stream, then move on to getting connectivity set up with Motion.

Interesting question though! I have a Raspberry pi too, and have spent many hours messing with Python, connecting to the outside world using ADC / DAC / GPIO. A terrific piece of kit.
hendrik6073
New here

Post by hendrik6073 »

Thanks for the response !

yes, thats the software and it's running great, can monitor 2 or 3 cam's on 1 Pi
i like the Pi because it can do lot's of things you don't want to have a dedicated fat client for

Motion needs JPG or JPG stream (config says: Must be a URL that returns single jpeg pictures or a raw mjpeg stream)

I can connect to a stream with VLC i can also get a snapshot (JPG) in my browser. When i download the JPG i can connect Motion to it and i have a image, if configure the snapshot URL in Motion it say's it cannot connect. (my other cam's (different brand/type) i can connect.

I need to find a way to restream or reformat. It would be / should be possible to use avconv to take snapshots and write them on my Pi, in that case it has to rewrite the same JPG all the time. I cannot get that working. It creates lot's of JPG's (1 per frame) with new names containing the frame numbers.

It could also be possible to restream as streaming JPG, i cannot get it to work, do you know how i should do this ?

help is appreciated !
Znida
New here

Post by Znida »

AlastairStevenson wrote:

And here is the camera firmware level:
Device Info
Camera Name: IPCAM
Serial Number: VVVIPC1311143300-6DcurHa9zkHQONN
Hard Ver: 3300-ov9712
Software Ver: V2.0.6.15-M20-Build:20131129T
I did get updated firmware from the manufacturer - but it was small bugfixes, rather than ONVIF events implementation, which I'm hoping will come soon.

Do you still have that firmware, I cant get the manufactuer to send me FW. Can you please help me?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Hello - yes, I do have that firmware still, and a couple from 2014, one IPCC, one Amovision. They do seem to be interchangeable, I flashed the IPCC-B10 with the Amovision Q645R firmware with no problems.
What a pity the board admins have disabled PMs or I could send you a Google Drive link.
But here it is anyway. Any of the 3 files prefixed UPG_
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... =drive_web
Last edited by AlastairStevenson on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”