SS 5.0 and Foscams problems on Alarm Recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Sjtieben
New here

Re: SS 5.0 and Foscams problems on Alarm Recording

Post by Sjtieben »

I also have installed QTS4.1 and 2 foscam camera's with 1 (the 720p version) giving read errors.
Trying upgrade to QTS 4.1 build 612 right now.
Sjtieben
New here

Post by Sjtieben »

garbia wrote:Thank you for the update,
just FYI what I did in the last week is to set SS5.0 to record 24/24, somehow this reduced the errors to only few emails per day
Last night I have upgraded to QTS 4.1 build 612 and today I didn't get any errors beside two "camera disconnected"

Strange that I don't see many users complain about this error and I don't also see any explanation what the error refers to.

I don't feel right to have paid for the nas, and for all the licences and having a product that I can't rely on! at work I have a cheap 350$ 8 channel analog DVR that never stops, has a software called CMS that allows to remote access in less than second.
I realize foscam isn't the greatest brand on the market but I would expect more from SS5.
Garbia, still no errors over there?
5 minutes after the upgrade I already have read errors again.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

Sjtieben wrote:
garbia wrote:Thank you for the update,
just FYI what I did in the last week is to set SS5.0 to record 24/24, somehow this reduced the errors to only few emails per day
Last night I have upgraded to QTS 4.1 build 612 and today I didn't get any errors beside two "camera disconnected"

Strange that I don't see many users complain about this error and I don't also see any explanation what the error refers to.

I don't feel right to have paid for the nas, and for all the licences and having a product that I can't rely on! at work I have a cheap 350$ 8 channel analog DVR that never stops, has a software called CMS that allows to remote access in less than second.
I realize foscam isn't the greatest brand on the market but I would expect more from SS5.
Garbia, still no errors over there?
5 minutes after the upgrade I already have read errors again.
Hi, no errors so far, maybe we can narrow down to some parameter on the cameras, I will keep update this post
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Presumably the cameras are connected via WiFi.
In my experience there are some variables you can influence that can give 'camera disconnected' warnings. I used to get that quite a lot with Foscam cameras.
The first thing to be sure of is the signal strength. If the camera is well away from the AP, or there are obstructions in the way, experiment with temporarily moving it closer to see if that affects the rate of disconnect warnings. A survey of signal strengths versus positioning can be quite useful and interesting.
I've also noticed that often the 'Automatically select channel' setting on wireless APs often does not do a good job of ensuring the use of a channel where there are no clashes with other APs. I use an Android App called 'WiFi Analyser' (Kevin Yuan) to check all the competing channels and signal levels and configure the AP to explicitly use a channel where there will be no clashes. This can make a big difference, especially when the signal is weak.
Also - some cameras are more able to maintain a WiFi connection than others, or to automatically reconnect after a short disconnect.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Sjtieben
New here

Post by Sjtieben »

I try the 9826W but never on wifi.
My colleague is using the same camera on older qts/ss without errors.
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

Qnap recognizes this is a bug with SS 5.0 (or QTS 4.1) and will issue a hotfix this week.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

Im NOW getting lots of error (not disconnection), sometimes hundreds of emails! only on 9805 and 9831, I can't find any hotfix, any help is really appreciated!
It was ok for a while!
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

With us they recommended to upgrade the camera to the latest firmware version and use the latest SS. Otherwise you could always email them directly at: sspro@qnapsecurity.com.tw

Return to “Surveillance Solution”