Qnap not visible on network

Windows Access Rights Management
pavel_b
New here

Re: Qnap not visible on network

Post by pavel_b »

Manual load of same latest code revision via CLI took care of the shared folder problem with Samba.
MichaelAsg
Starting out

Post by MichaelAsg »

make sure you're on the same netmask
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

IronFly wrote:i'm facing the same issue on my TS-212
it was working fine until the last firmware update 4.3.3, i can reach any folder using IP but not host name.
Try this thread viewtopic.php?f=185&t=131973

You're probably going to need to do the workaround and wait for a fix.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
ushere
New here

Post by ushere »

i've read this thread end to end but am still no better off....

qfinder finds my ts112p with no problem and will bring up win 10 explorer using ip address. all's well - however, trying to access directly from 'network' in explorer doesn't show nas, just link as media device. on occasions, it WILL show up under network in explorer, but this is pretty random.

i've checked all i could in the thread, and my modem - dlink 2877al all to no avail.

any 'simple' direction as to how to get it to show up again under explorer (on all three connected pc's) gratefully accepted,

tia
lemonbiter
New here

Post by lemonbiter »

Hi there
same issue her with a brand new TVS-879 running 4.3.3.0262 Bulit 20170727

I found a "painful" workaround

Whenever the NAS is visible but not accessible from Windows Explorer log into the NAS via Browser and change the "Highest SMB version" from whatever it is set to any other version and hit "Apply". Now Windows Explorer will see the NAS and you can open the files via the explorer.

This works either until next windows reboot and sometimes 3 or four days long.
Next time you are not able to access the NAS via windows explorer, same thing, change SMB version from what you set last time back to any other value... Boom...

Where to change that: "Control Panel" --> "Network Access" --> "Win/Mac/NFS" on "Microsoft Networking" --> "Advanced Option" --> Highest SMB version:"
David Morrow
Getting the hang of things

Post by David Morrow »

If, at any time, you are able to get your NAS to appear in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select "Pin To Quick Access". I did this before this problem arose so it became my link to the past. Now when I open Win Explorer, my NAS it there in Quick Access at the top. As soon as I click on it, the NAS immediately appears under "Network" along with all of its shares.

Return to “Windows”