Ok, This is a Weird One,....

Windows Access Rights Management
HighSun_Murder
New here

Ok, This is a Weird One,....

Post by HighSun_Murder »

So I'm having this weird issue trying to copy files from my Windows machine (Win10Pro) to a mapped network share (on my Qnap TS-653A)
The error is that Windows believes the nas is out of space? It says i need an additional 27GB to perform this action. If i do the math with my remaining C; drive size, it seems as though its somehow trying to copy the data to the shortcut? The file is a 41GB .Rar I have like 25TB free on the NAS so def plenty of room. FW = 4.3.3. I also disconnected the drives and rebooted both the NAs and the Windows machine same issue.

Please help :)
Don
Guru

Re: Ok, This is a Weird One,....

Post by Don »

Quotas set up?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
HighSun_Murder
New here

Re: Ok, This is a Weird One,....

Post by HighSun_Murder »

No quota on the Nas. I really think it's copying to the short cut destination I had to delete a bunch of files from a user appdata directory at one point to free up space on C:

Return to “Windows”