Qsync for Android syncs different (unchangeable) folder

Windows Access Rights Management
enonod
Getting the hang of things

Qsync for Android syncs different (unchangeable) folder

Post by enonod »

TS-231 :- QTS 4.3.3.0299 (27/09/01) :- Galaxy Note 8 Android 4.4.2 :- Qsync for Android 1.1.0.0609
I have had Qsync with PC and Mac working OK for ever. I have just discovered Qsync for Android and set it up OK.

1: Instead of using the base Qsync folder on the QNAP it creates a sub folder 'Mobile' (cannot be edited) which then is created on the PC and Mac. The result is that the files on the QNAP base folder are not synced to the base folder on Android (unless I copy the originals into the mobile folder also). However if I moved QNAP base folder contents to the 'Mobile' folder it would work ( so why not have it set as it is for a PC without the 'Mobile' folder??)

2: When deciding to make a particular file available 'offline', the process seems to work and the file appears in the (virtual ? offline folder, I say this because I cannot find the folder anywhere on Android).
2a: When trying to open the file (by its app association) it does not work and says there is no network connection, the very thing that 'offline' is intended to circumvent.
2b: I cannot find the 'offline' folder using an app 'File-Open' command.

I seem to be missing something because the whole purpose of sharing, say, a spreadsheet between Android and PC programs does not work.

I want to sync base Qsync on QNAP with Android selected QSync folder which should also match PC Qsync base folder. Can anybody help please?
You never stop learning until you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.
Sometimes others think I am dead... I dread the day we concur.
enonod
Getting the hang of things

Re: Qsync for Android syncs different (unchangeable) folder

Post by enonod »

This matter has now been resolved by QNAP excellent support service.
QSync Mobile seems to be a very useful addition for Tablets (I do not use a mobile phone).
I was not able to find reference and so...
I attach their explanation and pics for anybody else who may need assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You never stop learning until you die.
Sometimes I think I am dead.
Sometimes others think I am dead... I dread the day we concur.
shabbab
First post

Post by shabbab »

After spending two days on similar issues of QSync (and QFile) on Android i can honestly say:

Forget the QNap apps. Look into Resilio sync available from the App Center, or maybe some other alternative. QSync has a looooooong way to go

Resilio can do much more. Unfortunately it eats quite some resources, at least on my old TS210.

I haven't checked owncloud yet , maybe an alternative as well.
eg_lkmad
First post

Post by eg_lkmad »

I have the same questions, where can I get advice? the attachment mentioned above no longer exists.

In addition, can Qsync for Android support multiple folders or sync at root level (/*)?
athinaok
Starting out

Post by athinaok »

Open Qsync select a sub folder and set it offline from properties
You can see files offline only from qsync

https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/faq/arti ... r-android/

Return to “Windows”