Webdav Windows 10 connection acting slow and strangely

Windows Access Rights Management
Matija
First post

Webdav Windows 10 connection acting slow and strangely

Post by Matija »

Hello there. I have a problem I still, after days of tampering with, haven't been able to resolve.

I have a QNAP TS228 installed for my client and, after their request, have set the shared folders to be available with Windows 10 Webdav access. I can't say I'm too experienced with this kind of setup, but I have managed to make it work, albeit not in a very consistent way.

Client wanted to have a connection with minimal additional software to access their documents (they use QNAP 228 NAS as a file backup/access server), and to be able to use the NAS files remotely from anywhere with their laptops.

I have created shares, usernames, privileges, Upnp'd the router, enabled the Webdav on NAS, mapped the Webdav paths on local computers, decreased the BasicAuthLevel on local computers so clients could connect to NAS (they have no SSL therefore the registry edit), and the whole thing WORKS.

BUT, files get copied and deleted but EXTREMLY slow. Many of the times various errors appear when opening i.e. PDF files directly from mapped webdav folder, it either never opens or freezes the whole explorer window. I had to edit the registry too so that DOC files get opened instead of doing the same or opening blank. File transfer speeds from like desktop to mapped webdav folder get like 100MB/s upto 99% and then it takes forever (like 15 minutes) until it copies a file of something like 50MB fully.

What can I do to increase the speed and the stability of handling the files on webdav mapped drive in Windows? Clients all connect to NAS via wireless connection, I know LAN would yield much better results in term of speed, but clients want to be able to connect to NAS from various points where there are usually only WiFi signal available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matija.

Return to “Windows”