Can't connect from windows.

Windows Access Rights Management
pagratios
New here

Re: Can't connect from windows.

Post by pagratios »

After some settings changes, I found out that when I changed the max supported version from 3 to 2 it fixed. If my machines connect to the shared folders even and then change it back to max3 it keeps working strange.
stanzani
Know my way around

Post by stanzani »

With QTS 4.5.3.1670 and windows 10 pro version 19042.1023 (feat pack 20.2212.2020.0) I have the same issue after reinstalling windows. No clue ... I will wait until upadates from either qnap or microsoft :( :(
TS-531P Annapurna
s6xbucks
New here

Post by s6xbucks »

s6xbucks wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:01 am This is great, thank you.

If I shut down the computer this connection is lost and I need to reenter the command. Any way to make this a permanent connection?

thewadehome wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:02 am So, here's what I did.

Open Command Prompt
Type net use \\[NASNAME] /u:[NASNAME]\admin
Enter your admin password

You should get a message saying The Command completed successfully

From that point on you should be able to connect to the NAS through Windows explorer when you use \\[NASNAME]
Just getting back to this, but I still run into the same issue. When I enter the above at the Command Prompt I am able to access the NAS fine, UNTIL Windows is restarted, and then I lose the connection through File Explorer, bot clicking on the icon of the NAS as well as typing in the name as you stated, and have to enter the command again. I would like my computer to connect to the NAS automatically, as it is designed to do.

Thanks again for any and all help. Not sure why one of my computers connects without any fanfare, but the other won't.
torch1
Know my way around

Post by torch1 »

ged
Starting out

Post by ged »

Had the problem whereby:
- I could connect to public (no password) shares on my QNAP from Windows 10 with no problem
- I could NOT connect to password protected shares on the same QNAP NAS from Windows 10

The fix for me was:

1) `Start` -> `Turn Windows Features on or off` -> `SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support` -> `On`
2) Restart
drdbrown
Starting out

Post by drdbrown »

Turned out for me it was Windows "Credential Manager". I had previously logged in using ADMIN as the user. Later on I deactivated ADMIN as a precaution. Credential Manager remembered ADMIN and denied my access using a different user. Deleting the ADMIN entry solved my inability to log into the NAS.
GlenPaton@gmail.com
New here

Post by GlenPaton@gmail.com »

Use Windows 'Credentials'
AndreiN
First post

Post by AndreiN »

If anyone is still struggling with this. After trying everything on this thread, I decided to take out the disks (2-bay) and start the QNap without disks then put the disks in while the QNap was turned on. Worked like a charm, disks are ok, everything back to normal.
yugo23
New here

Post by yugo23 »

For me problems arose when I finished installing my new PC, and logged to QNAP from there.

Now all I get after trying to connect via File Explorer and entering login credentials is this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

You will find it about more than a dozen times here in forum: check the credentials that Windows stored and remove/adjust them.
For example: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=156874&p=815918&hi ... ls#p815848

Regards
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

FSC830 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:31 pm You will find it about more than a dozen times here in forum: check the credentials that Windows stored and remove/adjust them.
For example: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=156874&p=815918&hi ... ls#p815848

Regards
NO that is not the case I deleted all credentials and still it doesn't find my QNAP NAS
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Where is your post you described your issue!?
If a NAS is not found, then this is a different issue than a login failure.

Regards
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

yugo23 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:00 pm For me problems arose when I finished installing my new PC, and logged to QNAP from there.

Now all I get after trying to connect via File Explorer and entering login credentials is this.
I have the same problem as he.
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Ok, which NAS? Which firmware?
Did you check SMB versions used?

Regards

Return to “Windows”