453BT3 Thunderbolt can't transfer anything but text files

Windows Access Rights Management
MamboDee
New here

453BT3 Thunderbolt can't transfer anything but text files

Post by MamboDee »

Connecting the thunderbolt cable to my PC, Qfinder detects the TS-453BT3 and ask to open the folder. After opening the folder, I am able to copy and paste a single 2 KB text file into the folder. I am also able to copy and paste groups of 2 KB text files into the folder. Seemingly, anything larger than a basic text file fails to copy. When initialing a paste operations, the windows copy dialog hangs for several minutes at "Calculating..." before giving the error:

There is a problem accessing \\169.254.7.17\\home

Make sure you are connected to the network and try again.

It is the same if I try to transfer a single 5 MB mp3 file, or a 10 gig 4K MP4 file, or a group of mp3 files of around 100 MBs, or a group of 4K videos around 28 GB. Any file of any appreciable size fails to transfer. After error, I am still able to transfer small text files. I am also able to create folders and files directly on the share itself.

I am also able to complete transfers over the gigabit Ethernet connection without issue. It seems the Thunderbolt Connection malfunctions when it comes to windows file sharing.

I am running the lastest 4.4.3.1400 firmware. I am running Windows 10. I read somewhere that this is a firewall issue. However, I disabled the firewall and the issue persist. I am hoping one does not need to disable a firewall for file sharing anyway.

Any ideas. I also have this question open in a support case.
carlosuriostegui
New here

Re: 453BT3 Thunderbolt can't transfer anything but text files

Post by carlosuriostegui »

Did you figure this out?
I am having the same issue!
geoffpc
New here

Re: 453BT3 Thunderbolt can't transfer anything but text files

Post by geoffpc »

I have the same problem on a 472XT. Works fine reading from the QNAP but hangs on "calculating" when writing to the QNAP. Reading & writing the same file over 1 Gbe works fine. Thunderbolt + Windows 10 for me has been a total waste of money. QNAP support told me to try the network adapter sharing fix but that doesn't fix this problem. They blame windows but there is no sign of a fix with latest WIN 10 version. Wish I'd bought something else.

Return to “Windows”