Two Computers Same Login ID - Can it work?

Windows Access Rights Management
Tangible
New here

Two Computers Same Login ID - Can it work?

Post by Tangible »

Hello All,

I have a QNAP TS- 453PRO. All set up fine shares all working.

I access this from two computers both running Office 365 on the same account (you can run up to five computers on same O365 ID). One is a desktop and the other is a laptop.

I am never able to have both access the NAS at the same time (I sometimes have to leave the desktop running and need to then switch to laptop for continued work).

Is it possible to have both access at the same time? I cant change the computer IDs as that will screw up Office 365 and all the related account syncs.

Any help even if its just "You cant do this" will be helpful.

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Two Computers Same Login ID - Can it work?

Post by dolbyman »

shouldn't be a problem
Tangible
New here

Post by Tangible »

Thanks for the reply dolbyman.

That's reassuring but it just wont work for me. There are numerous SAMBA login failures from the laptop and more recently I have a message indicating that I can't have the same logon id. see attached.
Untitled.png
If I click on the NAS in Networks on the laptop I get a pop-up "windows security" for "Enter Network Credentials" where I enter the PIN. The logon Id and PIN are same for both machines. Its at this point that I get the attached message. I have tried resetting IDs etc on the NAS and even changed the PIN on both Windows machines and nothing seems to get me past this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

mount the shares you want to use with a set of credentials(present on the nas and assigned to the shares) or add the user (used in windows credential store) to the nas ...should work
Tangible
New here

Post by Tangible »

Thanks dolbyman. I have done that and also had a slight brainwave. There were two login ids for two other computers that are not mine. I deleted those and it worked! I then reinstated those logins and it still works!

All fine now. Thanks again for giving me your time.

Return to “Windows”