Can No Longer Map a Network Drive from Windows 10 to TS509

Windows Access Rights Management
RobFJ
Starting out

Can No Longer Map a Network Drive from Windows 10 to TS509

Post by RobFJ »

I'm logged onto my pc as administrator and want to add another mapped Network Drive. (There are three that I'd already mapped to the NAS a while back.)

I go to This pc/Map Network Drive/Select Drive Letter/Browse for Folder/Select a Shared Folder - so far so good.

There is then just a single option to click on - Network - which is what I'd expect. Unfortunately it is greyed out.

So far I've tried starting in safe mode with network setting disabled and creating a new shared folder on the NAS for the specific directory I want to map to. They didn't work. I also failed to pick up a solution in another post on these forums.

Can anyone help. I'm guessing it is something to do with my windows 10 as drive mapping is something I can normally do without any problems.

Thanks in advance
RobFJ
Starting out

Re: Can No Longer Map a Network Drive from Windows 10 to TS509

Post by RobFJ »

Managed to resolve the problem by accident.

After I clicked on 'Select a Folder/Network' nothing obvious happened. However, after about 30-45 seconds of me doing absolutely nothing the directory of the network became visible. It was then straightforward to get to the directory of the NAS I wanted and set up the mapped drive.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Return to “Windows”