Unable to Access NAS through Windows Explorer

Windows Access Rights Management
CamCorp
New here

Unable to Access NAS through Windows Explorer

Post by CamCorp »

Hey Everyone,

I have an old TS-239 running its latest firmware (4.2.6 build 20210327), I just use it as a repository for a Veeam workstation backup so its very basic which is why I have not cared about its age. But 1 of the HDD died and I replaced it, but the volume wouldn't rebuild. So I just blew the whole NAS away and set it back up fresh, went fine, Only a share is needed on it. The problem is I cannot access the device from any of my windows computers through explorer, it wont even connect or show the shares, error from the windows connection diag is "The Remote device or resource wont accept the connection"

Can ping it (DNS and IP, WEBUI and SSH work fine
Tested from a Win 10 (20h2) and Win Server 2016, same issue
Mess around with SMB, enabling SMB 1 on the Win 10, the NAS doesn't have the SMB options under advance in Win/Mac/NFS, probably to old.
Checked Security and the allow lists, nothing.
Factory reset it a second time incase there was some issue with the config
Cant map drive

Really Dont know why its doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

CC
Victoria BC, Canada
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Unable to Access NAS through Windows Explorer

Post by dolbyman »

login via ssh and do

Code: Select all

smb2status
CamCorp
New here

Re: Unable to Access NAS through Windows Explorer

Post by CamCorp »

Hey, thank you for that . I got "/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd" ... not found. Which led me to this topic viewtopic.php?t=107664.

I just reapplied the same firmware (no upgrade, same version) through the gui, rebooted and now we are good. So thank you for the help, didnt think to reapply the firmware because it was working after I did the last update, must have been the factory reset.

CC
Victoria BC, Canada

Return to “Windows”