No longer working with SMB

Windows Access Rights Management
vmatchhk
First post

No longer working with SMB

Post by vmatchhk »

Our company owned a 951X, and it been work like a charm for a year,

yesterday, the SMB started to not working for Mac on our network and after we restart the NAS, it had been problem for all computer MAC and PC

the NAS can be seen in the network , AFP is accessible for MAC but can be read only.

SMB connecting keep showing "The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection and then try again."

had been contact QNAP and create a ticket, but they need helpdesk app to help the situation, but other problem is we can update any app in app centre both online / manual update.

can anyone pls , cos QNAP reply need almost 24hr and we really need the NAS to work again :S :S
asbath
Starting out

Re: No longer working with SMB

Post by asbath »

Two things to check:

1. Are the credentials being used to connect to the NAS correct? Erase any credentials in the Mac keychain or the Windows credential manager and try again.

2. I had a similar problem, if not the exact same one, where I had to "reset" my SMB configuration. In the end, I had to basically remove the smb.conf file and restore a "default" version which effectively erased all my shared directories. But once I set up the new shared directories, everything worked again. You'll need to SSH into the NAS to do this, and code for my unit TS-451D2 running on 4.5.4.1723 is

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/smb.sh stop
cp /etc/config/smb.conf /etc/config/smb.conf_backup
cp /etc/default_config/smb.conf /etc/config/smb.conf
/etc/init.d/smb.sh start
That worked for me. YMMV

Return to “Windows”