Lost Windows 10 File Explorer Connection

Windows Access Rights Management
cpaz4111
New here

Lost Windows 10 File Explorer Connection

Post by cpaz4111 »

I am running my first NAS, a QNAP TS-251D, Firmware 4.5.4.1741. When I click on the NAS from windows file explorer I get the message "Windows cannot access \\"name of my NAS" and some related dialogue about how there might be a network problem. I had access via explorer until yesterday and was using SyncBackFree to back up from my desktop to the NAS.

So in other words, I previously had this all working. Yesterday I upgraded the memory and got a message when I rebooted that I had swapped the drives (which I didn't mean to do), but otherwise everything works perfectly. I can find the NAS using Qfinder and I can log it to the NAS using a browser from the same machine. In other words, no passwords or accounts have changed in windows and I see to be able to access except through file explorer. Rebooted my windows machine twice and the NAS once, and nothing is resolved. Any ideas?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Lost Windows 10 File Explorer Connection

Post by dolbyman »

Is the SMB service running ?

Login via ssh and do

Code: Select all

smb2status
cpaz4111
New here

Post by cpaz4111 »

Yes - wasn't entire sure what SMB is but got to the settings and SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and SMB Direct are both checked to be running.

I went back to the windows error and found this error code "0x80070035". Based on some articles I found I checked a bunch of Windows settings like network discovery and sharing, etc. All seem fine.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

gui talk is cheap

please issue the command

Return to “Windows”