"Disable Leasing" on QTS 5?

Windows Access Rights Management
chipconnection
Starting out

"Disable Leasing" on QTS 5?

Post by chipconnection »

Hello all,

We have an Access Database. It has run fine for years on our QNap. However, since it upgraded to QTS 5 we are having issues with the database error: "Database is in an inconsistent state."

Microsoft has a KB article in which the fix is to "Disable Leasing" in the machine that's hosting the file. They assume that it's a Windows host, and have a registry edit.

Is there a way to "Disable Leasing" on QNap?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: "Disable Leasing" on QTS 5?

Post by dolbyman »

dont think this has changed from here

viewtopic.php?t=152291
nauip
First post

Post by nauip »

Is that really an answer to the question, dolbyman? It doesn't seem completely relevant except the below quote.

"I found out today. NAS is not a good way to host database files." - by kekon01

I'm finding this out as well. I have a customer with several users hitting an access DB file and I believe they are getting the same error "Database is in an inconsistent state."
I have suggested they try to host the file off a user PC and see if the issue goes away (I suspect it will.)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

The answer is, that it doesn't work..if you need specific Microsoft samba settings..you need to look at using a Microsoft samba implementation (either on a dedicated MS system or a virtualized one)
e93_mst
First post

Post by e93_mst »

+1 on chipconnections issue.

10+ years split Access DB hosted on QTS without issues and then immediate constant hourly corruptions after QTS 5 upgrade.

Just moved to windows server with ”disabled leasing” and one work day (fingers crossed) without corruptions.

The way Microsoft ”handles” its part of the issue (going on 3 years) and the little I encountered with QNAP support… don’t bother investigating. Just move it somewhere else that works or move off Access backend.

Return to “Windows”