Qnap NAS not appearing on network (Windows Explorer)

Windows Access Rights Management
kherr4377
Been there, done that

Re: Qnap NAS not appearing on network (Windows Explorer)

Post by kherr4377 »

i had a similar issue, i had 9K frames on everything and reset them to 1500... problem went away. transfer speeds (10G) actually increased and smoothed out all the 'stutters'

also had issues on 2 boxes where network drives would load on startup ... deleted them and the created them again ... problem solved
Production :
TVS-673 4.3.4 0387
4 X 3TB WD RED : 1 X 4TB HGST DESKSTAR R5
32GB
LAN-10G1SR-D, FiberHal for Cisco SFP-10G-SR
NETGEAR ProSAFE SS3300-28X

Backup :
TS-469L 4.3.4 0387
4 X 3TB WD RED R5
3GB
Located detached garage .. cheap offsite solution ...

2nd TS-469L awaiting drives and reassignment for front-line duty .......
Dennison
First post

Post by Dennison »

Is there any plan to fix the firmware? I'm having the same problem since I've updated the firmware.
Found a workaround since I posted this. I changed the name of the workgroup and the QNAP is showing up now on my media players and computer. I did not change it back to see if it would show up using the old name. Afraid it would not show up again. We'll see if it keeps working.
pt-mike
New here

Post by pt-mike »

I have the same issue; my NAs is a TS-219P with fw build 4.3.3.0238, and to be able to access the NAS via SMB, I have to disconnect the NAS network cable from the LAN, wait a few seconds and plug it back in again and the NAS appears on the network like magic.
Of course this is not a solution, but this is a clear indicator that there's a problem with the 4.3.3 firmware releases.
Does anyone tested any of the previous firmware builds before 4.3.3 to see if the issue remains?
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

For me, toggling the "Enable File Service for Microsoft Networking" worked but I also opened a ticket with QNAP in case it is a f/w bug.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
zsoltika007
New here

Post by zsoltika007 »

Same problem here. Sometimes work sometimes don't. Hd station is a mess too. (updated today, hope freezing and random restarting gone) Not the right direction...
Dice
Starting out

Post by Dice »

I know this is an old thread, but this exactly solved my problem. MY QNAP was working fine for years and then I updated and it stopped working. Setting the workgroup to what my PCs were solved the issue. No idea why it worked before but not after, but this solved it.

Thanks!
scsirob
Getting the hang of things

Post by scsirob »

Not really. You selecting a new workgroup has restarted the Samba services in your system, which masks the actual issue. If you restart the NAS you'll find the problem is back.

It's a known issue, but help is on the way. QNAP support tell me they are about to push a new firmware on monday that has a real fix for this problem. Fingers crossed...
hugdepop
Starting out

Post by hugdepop »

scsirob wrote:Not really. You selecting a new workgroup has restarted the Samba services in your system, which masks the actual issue. If you restart the NAS you'll find the problem is back.

It's a known issue, but help is on the way. QNAP support tell me they are about to push a new firmware on monday that has a real fix for this problem. Fingers crossed...
Finally! Normally I'm using a power scheme where my qnap shuts down at night, but that's very cumbersome now since after every restart samba service needs to be restarted.
fabsas
New here

Post by fabsas »

Same problem here.... to receive the new firmware --- with the solution.
If I re-boot the QNAP and when it is up I need to go and open the file or...?... then it opens, like some of you wrote < fingers crosses >
scsirob
Getting the hang of things

Post by scsirob »

Fabsas, you can login to the web GUI and you should be prompted that a new firmware version is available. If it doesn't, then you can select Control Panel, System, Firmware Update and try the Live Update feature.

If that does notwork, just browse to the QNAP download section (eg here: https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/download?mod ... y=firmware ), select your model and download the latest firmware. Unzip the downloaded file, then use the web GUI of your QNAP to select Control Panel, then System, Firmware Update, select "Firmware Update" tab, then Browse to the downloaded image.

Groeten,
Rob
jcail
First post

Post by jcail »

I updated to the latest firmware (4.3.3.0262), and I am unable to browse via windows explorer at all. I have a case open with support as well. Super frustrating to not have access to my data. Apps work, Web-Gui works, just not explorer - seems like this would be at the core of a NAS product - any ideas??
Felix1
Starting out

Post by Felix1 »

This is really irritating.

The latest firmware 4.2.6 of 29th July has stopped my TS-410 from showing on windows explorer.

All my mapped drives (the ones I use most often) are fine and I can use them as normal, but when I want to use one of the folders that I haven't mapped a drive for, I cannot access it at all.

Ive tried rebooting, reinstalling the firmware, Qfinder Pro etc but to no avail.

HELP!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Felix1 wrote:The latest firmware 4.2.6 of 29th July has stopped my TS-410 from showing on windows explorer.
Don't know if this does change anything, TS-410 v4.2.6 build 20170905 was published these days -> https://www.qnap.com/en/download?model= ... y=firmware
stevege
New here

Post by stevege »

Not in my case unfortunately, that v4.2.6 build 20170905 actually caused me these problems of not finding any sharedrives anymore in File Explorer after rebuilding our TS-239 Pro after exchanging drives. I opened a ticket which is being addressed, but as none of the other people who previously opened a ticket about this issue seem to have posted anything afterwards I think this does not bode well?
stevege
New here

Post by stevege »

I got rid of v4.2.6 build 20170905 and reinstalled the older v4.2.5 build 20170413, which solved the issue of not seeing any NAS shared drive in File Explorer. QNAP's advice was to stick to this version and not update to the newest firmware. That works for us as we simply use the QNAP in our small office and support for the TS-239 Pro will stop anyway at the end of this month.

Return to “Windows”