VM backup leave snapshot ???

thenetstriker
Starting out

Re: VM backup leave snapshot ???

Postby thenetstriker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:10 pm

I have now also created a support ticket for this issue to remind QNAP of this problem.

My suggestion would be to change this to a configurable incrementail/full backup concept. As an example the backup should e.g. just create a new snapshot every week and also just copy this snapshot to the backup drive. And then for instance every month a full backup should be created and all snapshots should be deleted before or after the full backup. This way the backup would use much less backup space and would also be much faster on incremental backups.

Darko
First post

Postby Darko » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:12 pm

I created a ticket too and just got an answer of the german support team:
The behavior is known and the developer team is working on it. But they can't say anything about the schedule.
So keep waiting :?
I'm curious how long …

DaRootler
New here

Postby DaRootler » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Darko wrote:I created a ticket too and just got an answer of the german support team:
The behavior is known and the developer team is working on it. But they can't say anything about the schedule.
So keep waiting :?
I'm curious how long …

I am getting the same answer since one year...

Regards
Richard

ktheking
Starting out

Postby ktheking » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

update from qnap support :

Fingerpointing ping pong has started. Now it's not qnap that"s the cuplrit , but it's the guys at Qemu that are to blame and to wait for.

https://launchpad.net/qemu
https://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page

I kindly waived that off ,since clearly on the qnap website ,it's says Qnap is the maintainer of Virtualization Station.
There's not even a bug open at qemu for this issues ,so qnap didn't enter anything.
Guys , make sure qnap does not close your incident on this. If needed open up a new one if not solved.
Keeping on the pressure ...

kommy
New here

Postby kommy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 am

Totally agree, this is QNAPs problem. Still having no luck with support as they wont even acknowledge the issue.
Does anyone have an alternative point of contact?

Return to “Virtualization Station”