Linux support for Mint 19

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
vampyren
Know my way around

Linux support for Mint 19

Post by vampyren » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi,

I'm not totally sure about where to post this but i give it shot here.
I'm just testing to set up server in Linux and after many many tries and testing so many dists i find that Mint is really the best version of Linux
if you are new and want something that just works with a great interface and support.
I would like to add a request for supporting this dist in the virtual station. I dont know exactly what it means that you have these in the dropdown list to select from?
Maybe these are better tested by QNAP?
Right now i use Ubuntu 18.04 to install Mint 19 and it seems to work but would be great to get support for it so that it shows in the list.
https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=254

Anyone who want support for Mint maybe can add to this?
Last edited by vampyren on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

father_mande
Ask me anything

Re: Linux support for Lint 19

Post by father_mande » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi,

Who is the link to Lint 19 ... because if I know Mint 19 (Tara) ... I only know Lint as an static analyse on source code for C/C++

Mint is based on Ubuntu so Debian (18.04 I think for last version) ... so if one of this basic distribution works ... Mint can also works as well ...

The advantage and disadvantage of Mint is that it's a rolling distribution ... so less easy for a provider to support them ...

Philippe.
ALL closed ... bye

vampyren
Know my way around

Re: Linux support for Lint 19

Post by vampyren » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 pm

father_mande wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 pm
Hi,

Who is the link to Lint 19 ... because if I know Mint 19 (Tara) ... I only know Lint as an static analyse on source code for C/C++
Sorry i meant Mint. I'm noob at linux and for some reason Lint got stuck in my head.
Thanks for correcting me.

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”