VMM 2022 / SMIS 3.0.7.29 - Error WsManMIInvokeFailed

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
lveirman
New here

VMM 2022 / SMIS 3.0.7.29 - Error WsManMIInvokeFailed

Post by lveirman »

Hi there,

Having a hard time to setup SMIS with VMM 2022 (all OS are windows server 2022 fully patched). I have setup my NAS accordingly - fresh install on TS-832-PXU-RP, installed JRE 8u341 on a dedicated server and SMIS 3.0.7.29.
When installing the SMIS, I also have created a local account which is a local administrator (windows account password is not the same as the SMIS provider). When processing the adjunction of the NAS to the SMI-S provider, it works nicely (no issue) - however, the NAS could not be discovered by the software.

When I try to add the new SMI-S Provider to my VMM 2022, I have an error reporting "26263 : WsManMIInvokeFailed" - sounds like an issue between both server. I have tried everything I can think about on this, but still get stuck at the door... No log, nothing - sounds like this simply should work but does not ;)

If someone has any clue, advice, ... I'll be happy to try !

Note : for security purpose, my SCVMM server is not able to directly connect to the NAS without first jumping through a gateway - however, SCVMM and SMI-S servers can talk together in the same subnet.
lveirman
New here

Re: VMM 2022 / SMIS 3.0.7.29 - Error WsManMIInvokeFailed

Post by lveirman »

Dear all,

If any get the same bug in your environment : don't mess around. That's a simply tricky MS-Bug that occurs by not starting the service "Windows Standard-Based Storage Management" dynamically (whereas the service is setup to Automatic (delayed start)).

Obviously, nore QNAP or MICROSOFT teach you about this mandatory requirement in the SMI-S documentation as a prerequesite...

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”