Container station add port forwarding

maara
Starting out

Container station add port forwarding

Post by maara »

Hi,

I am using some Docker containers in the Container station but so far, I haven't found a way how to add new port forwarding to the existing containers.
In the standard Docker I can modify the startup parameters or the startup script and its done but in the Container station I am somehow stuck....

Could anyone please help me?

Thanks!
dblobee2
New here

Re: Container station add port forwarding

Post by dblobee2 »

You found a solution to this issue?

The point is you can set the forwarding but ONLY at the point of installation via the cs GUI (Extended settings -> network).

I found the this qnap.json file in the specific container setup which you are able to edit (stopped container) but at some point the changes show up in the GUI but after starting the container again it's flipping back to the old values?
maara
Starting out

Post by maara »

Nope... still no luck.. As I am not able to add/change/set static port forwarding for the already created containers, the whole idea of having the docker on the qnap is pointless..... :-(
I really need my containers to always start with the same ports exposed or remap them to meet my needs but so far, I am still lost...
demure
New here

Post by demure »

I did some digging, and you can manually fix it from the command line.
In my case, I was using an lxc, which will be named 'debian'.
In

Code: Select all

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/containers/container-station-data/lib/lxc/debian
(where CHACHEDEV1 is the root of my raid6, and 'debian' is the root of the image), you will find a qnap.json.

Here is a 'bad' file:

{"volume": {"new": [], "host": {}, "container": []}, "version": "8", "resource": {"device": [], "limit": {}}, "name": "deleteme", "autostart": true, "arch": "amd64", "image": "debian-jessie", "type": "lxc", "network": {"hostname": "debian", "port": [], "mode": "nat"}}
And here is one with a working port forward readded:

{"volume": {"new": [], "host": {}, "container": []}, "version": "8", "resource": {"device": [], "limit": {}}, "name": "deleteme", "autostart": true, "arch": "amd64", "image": "debian-jessie", "type": "lxc", "network": {"hostname": "deleteme", "port": [[1111, 22, "TCP"]], "mode": "nat"}}
Format of

[[1111, 22, "TCP"]]
is EXTERIOR, CONTAINER, tcp/udp. I didn't bother to dig into multiple, but I assume it would be

[[FIRST], [SECOND], [ETC...]]
cfriedt
New here

Post by cfriedt »

Honestly, when I upgraded my NAS to get Container Station, I had no idea that I would be so disappointed.

I
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

If you have setup your Container Station similar to the method laid out here: https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/09/17/h ... s-on-qnap/ then the easy method is to just delete/recreate your docker container via CLI with the needed port mappings.

I have a OneNote notebook that has all my docker setup CLI's. I have a separate shared folder for all the persisted container data. Works very well.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “Container Station”